Question Performance Issues While Traveling Abroad

Dec 20, 2021
I have been using a Dell Vostro 7500 for the past year and a half. I use it as both a work computer and a gaming laptop (not its intended purpose, but it works well enough despite some interesting thermals...). I have been having severe performance issues while gaming whenever I am abroad; I travel to Spain fairly frequently, and every time I have gone there, it is as if a switch is flipped. I will boot up a game and it will perform well for a few minutes. Then, there will be massive framerate drops on and off, lasting 5-10 seconds and occurring every 20-30 seconds. It gets worse the longer I run a game.
I have been monitoring various metrics with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to try and identify the issue. Whenever the framerate drops happen, the usage and voltage of my dedicated GPU drop to zero. Temperatures are not high enough to be the issue; when I am home in the US, it works just fine at somewhat high temps.
My brother seems to think it has something to do with the charger. I have to use a travel adapter, but I'm struggling to see why this would mess up performance like this. I have tried multiple adapters to be sure it was not an individual adapter causing the problem. I also know that the voltage for outlets in Spain is within the range for this charger to function correctly.
Any ideas?

Relevant Specs:
i7 10750H
GTX 1650 Ti

Dec 20, 2021
List of things I have tried:
-Changing Dell Power Manager settings
-Turning off Turbo Boost in BIOS
-Reducing max processor state in Control Panel advanced power options
-Sending in my laptop to Dell using the ProSupport warranty (I suspect they either did not know how to reproduce the problem or used a Spanish Dell laptop charger, which might be the fix)