Question Performance issues with new GPU

PURSUER9

Prominent
Jan 15, 2022
I recently bought an ASUS ROG RX6650 XT and swapped my RTX2060 out. At first I could barely recognize any improvement in performance, but everything was fine, except for performance issues when playing CPU heavy games like CS2 and League. FFWD a week and I am noticing massive FPS drops in those games, around 100fps in League and same with CS2. In comparison, League would run at 200fps minimum during late game. I decided to swap it out to compare the performance and then put my new one back in. The performance had improved slightly but over time it got worse and now I am back to playing with around 100fps. I tried swapping it out and putting it back in and the performance did improve slightly, and I have ran out of ideas on how to fix the issue. I would appreciate the help.

PURSUER9

Prominent
Jan 15, 2022
I would also like to include that League has been freezing my entire PC ever since I "upgraded". Doesn't happen on other games and the performance is significantly worse on CPU heavy games but there is no noticeable difference when playing GPU heavy games.

PURSUER9

Prominent
Jan 15, 2022
include your complete system specs with make & model of each component plus time the power supply has spent in use.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
MB: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB BRO 32GB 3200Mhz Dual channel
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Series 700W
GPU: ZOTAC RTX2060 6GB VRAM / ASUS ROG STRIX RX 6650 XT 8GB OC Edition
This should be everything relevant for the troubleshooting, I do not think storage could be the issue so I am not going to include it. I have been using the power supply for almost 4 years.

PURSUER9

Prominent
Jan 15, 2022
As for the PSU, the model name is TRS-700AH2NK, and I did attempt uninstalling my NVIDIA drivers, but apparently that was not the case, so I went ahead and uninstalled them properly this time, but the performance has not gotten better.