[SOLVED] Performance Issues with Riser cable

Apr 1, 2022
Hi all,

Due to some issues I was having with my PC I upgraded my cpu and mobo but after upgrading my graphic card is barely working with a riser cable. I upgraded to a MSI z690 pro A ddr4, and when using a riser cable on my 3080 I'm getting 30-40 fps in games when i get 160 when plugged into the slot.

I couldn't find a way to change the slots to PCIe 3 but I've also read that if you do that it will affect m.2 performance?

Any idea or tips? I'd like to use my vertical mount in my case.

Solution
Yes, in the BIOS you can set the PCIe speed. But since you have a 4.0 card and 4.0 board and CPU you should get one.

As for changing the speed for your M.2 devices, that really depends on how fast they are. If you have a PCIe 4x4.0 drive, another reason not to. (Though I don't know if you can set the slot's speeds independently)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, in the BIOS you can set the PCIe speed. But since you have a 4.0 card and 4.0 board and CPU you should get one.

As for changing the speed for your M.2 devices, that really depends on how fast they are. If you have a PCIe 4x4.0 drive, another reason not to. (Though I don't know if you can set the slot's speeds independently)

Solution