MIDROU

Reputable
May 9, 2020
So my build is underperforming so much compared to others on the internet I have posted a thread before this and they suggested it may be the PSU.
look below and you will see what I mean I show two pictures one is GTA V at max settings and one is GTA V at lowest settings compared to other builds that are getting 80+ fps on max you can see the difference yourself and another thing I noticed is the fps jump from max settings to lowest is very low
give me your suggestions on what it could be

UserBenchmarkTest : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/42981632
Specs :
MOTHERBOARD- prime h310m-k r2.0
CPU - Intel Core i3-9100F
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 Super
RAM - Crucial CT8G4DFS8266.M8FD 1x8GB DDR4
SSD - Team T253X2256G 256GB
HDD - Samsung HD502HI 500GB
PSU - SOME BRAND CALLED TITAN ITS 430W

GTA 5 ULTRA SETTINGS :
View: https://imgur.com/a/dXrz23Z

GTA 5 LOWEST SETTINGS :
View: https://imgur.com/a/DxaMTMW

PSU:
View: https://imgur.com/a/jpkJMyl

Hey there,

Well, there's a couple of things at play here, IMO.

Whilst your CPU has a high clock speed, which is better for gaming, it's a 4c/4t CPU, which is just about enough for GTA V at high settings. But it maxes out quickly in resources.

Also, you are in single channel mode with just 8gbs of ram. Whilst 8gbs isn't terrible and good enough for a lot of games, 16gb is considered the sweet spot right now, but even that's gonna change soon enough, as games become more demanding. Get a 2 x 8gb kit, which will give you dual channel mode and an increase in performance for free! :)

To add insult to injury, your PSU is not very good at all. I'd recommend getting a decent one so your PC doesn't have problems.

MIDROU

Reputable
May 9, 2020
Hey there,

Well, there's a couple of things at play here, IMO.

Whilst your CPU has a high clock speed, which is better for gaming, it's a 4c/4t CPU, which is just about enough for GTA V at high settings. But it maxes out quickly in resources.

Also, you are in single channel mode with just 8gbs of ram. Whilst 8gbs isn't terrible and good enough for a lot of games, 16gb is considered the sweet spot right now, but even that's gonna change soon enough, as games become more demanding. Get a 2 x 8gb kit, which will give you dual channel mode and an increase in performance for free! :)

To add insult to injury, your PSU is not very good at all. I'd recommend getting a decent one so your PC doesn't have problems.
I get your point I know that the ram is a problem but what I'm saying is that from what I have seen on the internet of builds like mine the fps difference is huge and could it really because of the missing 8GB of ram because even now I just downloaded subnautica below zero and with high AND low settings I am nearly getting 55 fps I mean it's confusing.

Specifics please.
Underperforming so much: according to whom? Your 2666MHz ram is at 2400MHz because either the xmp is not enabled or you are chipset limited on that motherboard, so naturally it's going to come across as slow compared to other ppl using 2666MHz ram at 2666MHz. So also chose to go with a 1x8Gb stick, so are losing out on any possibility of performance gains for dual channel. Also 8Gb is pretty much minimum for Windows 10, which can use @ 2Gb itself, so any games running at 5.5Gb+ can be pagefiled to the ssd/hdd which hugely slows down fps.

Looks bad. Well that's usually an indication of not having the correct settings for resolution or trying to force the wrong frequency out of the monitor.

As to the storage, I'm guessing that when you installed/reinstalled windows, you did Not first unplug the data cables to the hdds. Windows likes to library everything under 1 assumed umbrella, so if there's multiple drives, it'll assume that All drives are no different than partitions on a single C drive. Meaning both your hdds are treated the same as the ssd, it'll constantly search, update, index, the hdds every time. They aren't treated as storage, but part of the OS drive. This can and will put gaming performance in the toilet.

I'd suggest you unplug the data, and do a clean install on just the ssd hooked up. Keep the hdds as a seperate drive, not included with the OS.
So, you have 1 stick of 8GB RAM @2400MHz and you still try to find out why are you underperforming?

Any gaming PC in 2021 needs at least 16GB of RAM. There are way too many games that will run poorly on 8GB. You also need to have at least 2800+ MHz to gain a small boost from it AND 2 sticks to have the RAM running in DUAL CHANNEL.

In your userbenchmark link I can also see that you were definitely running something CPU heavy in the background while the benchmark run and that your SSD has less than 30% free space which WILL cripple it's speed.
@MIDROU Please stop creating new threads about the same issue. There are multiple people suggesting you about RAM and PSU. Either accept it and upgrade, or find another forum to fill with the same question again and again.

TRENDING THREADS