Question Performance issues

Jun 20, 2022
Hello,

My setup consists of:

• A320M/ ac (UEFI version P1.90)
  • 8GB x2 DDR4-3000 ( Single Channel | Max bandwidth 1333MHz)
  • Ryzen 5 2600 CPU (Socket AM4 Code Name Pinnacle Ridge)
  • GeForce GTX 1660 TI 6GB GPU
  • 500 GB SSD (Not sure of the specs at the moment)
  • MSI Optix g273qf (165 HZ)
Over the past 3 years, my PC has had it's performance reduced alot. Especially noticeable while I'm playing my favorite game, (Epic Launcher) Rocket League.

Can anyone assist me in getting my Rocket League game back up to par and running smoothly without input lag? I use a PS 5 controller, hardwired/ Bluetooth.

I've reformatted my system a few times and finally decided to give Windows 11 a shot. Only because I've done some research and I saw somewhere that it played games better. I ran out of options when I reformatted my system a couple times, installing Windows 11 on it after that didn't work. Reformatting my system used to be my fix, but now it's a very temporary fix.

It runs well and my performance graphs, hardware and network both in the green at all times. However my input delay is where I'm hurting. I don't see anywhere near the response times that I used to get. I was able to hit the ball at whatever angle I wanted. Now its just like I'm using puppet strings to play. I've tried the whole, delete the cache and whatnot then verify the game.

Nothing I do is a permanent fix and I'm not sure where to go from here. I'd rather not just place a large order for a new PC and it behave the exact same way (which I feel that it would).

I'm asking for help to troubleshoot these issues so I can spend more time playing the game instead of trying to get it to run/ play properly.

Thanks in advance,

Randy

Jun 20, 2022
Thanks Rolli59 for responding back! I have monitored temps and they have been normal and I regularly clear all dust from my tower, open er' up and suck/ blow dust out. My PSU is a Gamdias Kratos M1 550B. I've had this PC for about 2 years now.

Jun 20, 2022
Well it is a c tier PSU most likely built by Andyson it is big enough and could be failing. It is very hard to diagnose the issues you are having with out swapping in known good parts.

You know what, with everything else seeming fairly normal, you're exactly right. Now to just get my hands on all good hardware that's compatible with my current setup and not spend a fortune ;-)

What PSU do you recommend? I'll start there without a doubt.

You know what, with everything else seeming fairly normal, you're exactly right. Now to just get my hands on all good hardware that's compatible with my current setup and not spend a fortune ;-)

What PSU do you recommend? I'll start there without a doubt.
There are many good units Corsair RMx EVGA G6 and so on but really with out knowing where you are shopping it is hard to recommend.

Jun 20, 2022
Ok, so I saved some hardware monitor information right after a game of RL. Hopefully you all can tell if there is an issue with power and such?

TRENDING THREADS