Question Performance Problems when running games in Fullscreen/Windowed Fullscreen

Jun 2, 2020
My Problem is that as long as I am running any game in Fullscreen, my game is freezing at regularly occurring intervals. It's every 1-3 seconds and sometimes takes only a splitsecond, but sometimes for half a second easily. I also feel like my GPU Utilization is also dropping down to 0-3%, but I can't confirm that since my Metrics Overlay and my Adrenaline Overlay won't open in Fullscreen.

I'm running an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and a MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC on a ROG STRIX B450-F with 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 DIMM. My OS is Windows 10 64-bit on the newest version and all my drivers should also be up to date aswell.

I first noticed this Problem sometime after updating to adrenalin 20.5.1, which led me to think that it was a problem with the new driver version the first time i encountered this problem. So I tried reinstalling the driver, which didn't help at all. Then I tried installing older versions, which also didn't help a bit. When reading the update notes of 20.5.1 I noticed there was a new Windows Update and I thought might be that, after updating to the newest version of windows the problem had vanished and everything worked fine for the next 1 or 2 days. Then I didn't have the time to play until today and the problem had returned.

Now to some "idk if i'm just misremembering stuff symptoms":
- the first time the metrics overlay and adrenaline overlay also didn't work, but also relive didn't work which works now
-when i'm having this problem the text of the metrics overlay is differently formatted from usually
-also I don't know if it worked out of fullscreen the first time i had the problem, because i didn't think about testing it before it went away

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS