Question Periodic Temporary Freeze, Any ideas of what I could try?

May 14, 2023
I am using
Thread ripper Pro 3975WX CPU
WRX80 Creator R2.0 motherboard.
It has the latest BIOS.
The CPU temperatures are low around 52C, I'm using liquid cooler. I'm running memory intensive application on Windows I have 512GB DDR4 ram, 8 x 64GB.

When reading the memory the application is fast, but the whole computer freezes once a minute for about 30 seconds. During the freeze the cursor is not moving and everything is frozen, this happens periodically every minute or so, I tested Windows 10 and Windows 11 it's the same thing. I checked the memory with MemTest86, it's okay. It seems like it's not working properly in 8 channel setup with my motherboard. I tried to reduce the RAM's clock, it didn't help.

The odd thing is that the temporary freeze is very periodic, like a clockwork every 60 seconds or so. I verified it's not a software issue.

Any ideas of what I could try?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. As for your motherboard, please state the BIOS version that you're currently on.

May 14, 2023
CPU: Thread ripper Pro 3975WX
CPU cooler: Liquid cooler
Motherboard: WRX80 Creator R2.0 BIOS 6.09
Ram: 8x Micron 64GB DDR4 3200 8Gx72 ECC CL22 RDIMM Server Memory Module - MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2B2
SSD/HDD: Samsung 1TB
GPU: GeForce RTX 3060
PSU: brand new Evo 850GS
Chassis: none
Monitor: n/a

TRENDING THREADS