Periodic Windows 7 Crash

frozen_ntime

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
I've had issues lately with my computer crashing with no warning whatsoever. It seems to happen upwards of several times a day after hours of uptime. This came completely out of the blue too, since all of my components have been in my system for at least half a year and have not had this problem before.

There has also been times where only the graphics card has stopped working and comes back online after about 10 seconds, also it sometimes gives me a black screen when I start my computer back up after a crash, even though I can hear system sounds so I know that everything is working except for the display.

I feel like the issue has something to do with power usage, but please let me know what you think.

Here are my specs:
https://gyazo.com/c262673076beaeadda980566c5eedbed
Also i'm using a Corsair CX 600 for my PSU

Solution
Could be overheating as a result of excess dust build-up on & around the internal components - - that always results in sudden shutdowns with no prior warning or BSOD. As a test, run the PC with side-panel removed for a few hours & see if it shuts down on it's own - - have a look inside it & see how dusty it may be while the panel is off.

May pay you to get a can of compressed air with a straw and give the internals a blast, re-seat the GPU as well while you're at it.
Could be overheating as a result of excess dust build-up on & around the internal components - - that always results in sudden shutdowns with no prior warning or BSOD. As a test, run the PC with side-panel removed for a few hours & see if it shuts down on it's own - - have a look inside it & see how dusty it may be while the panel is off.

May pay you to get a can of compressed air with a straw and give the internals a blast, re-seat the GPU as well while you're at it.

Solution