[SOLVED] Peripherals button repeats/activates by themselves

Sep 26, 2020
I have a problem with buttons pressed being repeated or activating by themselves. It happens with mouse, keyboard and two different controllers. They react when pressed but then either keeps repeating the button press or repeats it again after a while. My anti-virus finds nothing. I'm at a loss as it makes most things hard to impossible. Any ideas?

Solution
I don't. My first thought was that I needed to replace them when it first happened. But I have two controllers acting up exactly the same way. And I just don't buy that all my peripherals break the exact same way at the exact same time.

It could be some key sticking on the keyboard causing the erratic behavior. A stuck key can cause all sorts of issues. The only OS setting I can think of is Sticky Keys being enabled. But I don't think that would cause the behavior you are describing.
Sep 26, 2020
Do you have another mouse and keyboard you can try? Just to rule out a hardware issue. Disconnect your current ones first.

I don't. My first thought was that I needed to replace them when it first happened. But I have two controllers acting up exactly the same way. And I just don't buy that all my peripherals break the exact same way at the exact same time.

It could be some key sticking on the keyboard causing the erratic behavior. A stuck key can cause all sorts of issues. The only OS setting I can think of is Sticky Keys being enabled. But I don't think that would cause the behavior you are describing.

Solution