JCamdenM

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
Version:Home premium 64 bit installed from disk
Motherboard:Gigabyte ga-z170x-ud5
Mouse: razer abyssus mirror
Keyboard: corsair k70
Cpu: Intel i5 6600

Sorry for lack of formatting/lack of depth, posting from my phone and it's rather frustrating. I did searches but I haven't been able to find a solution that's worked thus far, thought I'd post this while I continue searching

I built a new computer and did a fresh install of Windows. Immediately installed an anti-virus, ccleaner, and began the tedious process of going through windows updates. After finishing a few I left it and went to bed. Everything was working fine. Came home from work and my mouse and keyboard refuse to work. The light on my mouse stays on but it doesn't respond. Keyboard lights are on and working initially (I can access and configure bios) but as soon as it gets to the login screen or install Windows screen the lights go out and it stops responding.

I've tried both peripherals in all usb ports (both usb 2 and also 3 for shits n giggles) as well as in a ps/2 port with an adapter. Nothing worked. I thought to try booting from cd and doing a repair/restore, or possibly even a reinstall if need be, but they hang up there as well. I've also tried each one with nothing else in any of the other usb ports. Same result in safe mode

Please please please help me! I'm at my wits end and have no ideas of what to try next. If I've forgotten any pertinent info I apologize; I'll provide whatever you guys need asap!

Solution
Motherbd Drivers should be the first thing installed after installing windows fresh. Followed by GPU drivers (no link as you didn't provide this info)

Then you have a billion win7 updates to go thru. Just keep manually checking for updates (in the left hand column of the check for updates screen) repeat until there's nothing left.

I see usb drivers out there so this is probably your issue.

popatim

Titan
Motherbd Drivers should be the first thing installed after installing windows fresh. Followed by GPU drivers (no link as you didn't provide this info)

Then you have a billion win7 updates to go thru. Just keep manually checking for updates (in the left hand column of the check for updates screen) repeat until there's nothing left.

I see usb drivers out there so this is probably your issue.

Solution