Question Peripherals not working during startup ?

Dec 29, 2021
(check linked video): https://youtube.com/shorts/2mOCNRnujnk?feature=share

Ive returned home (gone 3 days) to none of peripherals working during the windows log-in screen. During start-up, mouse & keyboard display some sort of power, such as an LED flicker. Leads me to believe it’s internal, drivers perhaps.

I recently got a graphics tablet. i took it to a friends and we installed custom drivers & open software for the tablet on his PC. i theorise my PC, with no custom drivers or open software, is receiving a signal from the tablet to start those drivers, therefore internally corrupting my USB 3.0 ports. Supported by the fact the tablet was working initially and peripherals work on other systems.

Simple fix is to unfortunately reset my windows, which doesn’t bother me too much. Problem is none of my peripherals work on start-up or log-in screen so i can’t even access BIOS.

This is where i need help, any solutions?

Important to note that my monitor receives signal, and display isn’t frozen at all. it’s solely peripherals. upon replugging my mouse LED’s will turn on for 2 seconds (no cursor), then shut-off again. keyboard also flashes twice during startup.

I’ve tried:
  • reinstalling cMOS battery
  • checking and cleaning the computer
  • replugging case, power, and USB 3.0 cables

Last edited: