Peripherals Shut Down but PC works slightly

Panji-

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
I was playing a game with my friend when suddenly my peripherals (Monitor, Keyboard, Controller, Mouse and Headphones) disconnected from my PC. I tried pressing the reset button and it didn't work, i tried closing it from the power button but it didn't work either leaving me with the PSU switch. I did a restart with the switch and all worked well. Anyone knows what happened, if this will happen again and if it is, how to fix it?

Solution
System crash.

May have been a fluke caused by some combination of things that occurred.

If you are able to reboot and play again all may be well. However, if the crashes continue then there is probably some software glitch or a hardware problem.

Try to be always aware of what you are doing just before or at the time of the crash. E.g., one particular app/game being played. Or some combination of events: for example, an update may have started or a backup began. Some conflict occurred or some resource ran out.

Pay attention to any error messages or warnings that may appear. Sometimes not.

If the crashes continue you can use Event Viewer to see if the logs captured any error codes or warnings. May help diagnose the problem.

Ralston18

Titan
System crash.

May have been a fluke caused by some combination of things that occurred.

If you are able to reboot and play again all may be well. However, if the crashes continue then there is probably some software glitch or a hardware problem.

Try to be always aware of what you are doing just before or at the time of the crash. E.g., one particular app/game being played. Or some combination of events: for example, an update may have started or a backup began. Some conflict occurred or some resource ran out.

Pay attention to any error messages or warnings that may appear. Sometimes not.

If the crashes continue you can use Event Viewer to see if the logs captured any error codes or warnings. May help diagnose the problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS