Question Permanent Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

Apr 15, 2019
Throughout my time on my computer, I have had many blue screen of death errors that have occurred. The first one was fixable and the second time, I resorted to fully reinstalling Windows 10. This time, it is very rough but I believe there is a way to fix it.

On the BSOD, the stop code is Bad System Config Info. I believe the problem has something to do with the processor, an AMD Ryzen 2600. Before the BSOD occurred, I went into Run, msconfig, boot, advanced options, and set the number of processors to 12. I saved the changes and restarted but greeting me after the reset was the BSOD. The loop is permanent so there is no way for me to go into safe mode either. If there is a way to help, please comment and thank you very much.

Specs
-Nvidia GTX 1050
-AMD Ryzen 2600
-2x4 GB RAM
-MSI Prime B 350 Plus
-1 TB HDD
-600W Bronze PSU

Colif

Win 11 Master
this might work

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - just a boot drive, and handy if this doesn't work

boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt

Now type start MSCONFIG and press enter - see if this can open it up, and see if you can set it to defaults, and restart PC as per normal.

Now if it doesn't work, you can at least use cmd to copy anything off C drive you don't want to lose

type notepad and press enter

in notepad, select file>open

Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd