Permanently DELETING, not disabling, Guest Account in Windows 7

TommyNashville

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Surely a workaround so you can DELETE, not just disable Guest Account in Windows 7: This is such an obvious security flaw. I step away from my computer for minutes, and because I'm an admin, someone can quickly go to control panel and enable the guest account without my knowing. I turn off the computer or log off...but because the guest account (with no password, unlike my account which has a password) has been enabled...someone can get into the computer without a password. Please don't suggest I use a password...I already do. I need to have admin rights when I'm working. It's ridiculous there is no way for the admin to either permanently delete the Guest Account, or configure it to require a password to enable. Surely there is a way?!

You shouldn't be using an admin account. Create a standard account and use that one instead. For any admin-related task, the OS will prompt you for an admin password. Since you know the password, it's not a problem.

TommyNashville

Honorable
May 2, 2013

This may be the best bet and thanks for the suggestion. I still think its a glaringly obvious design flaw to make the Guest Account so simple to enable...and thus I'm surprised there isn't a real fix for this.

The glaringly obvious design flaw is Windows's admin account. No other system use an admin account like Windows. That by itself is a design flaw. And every other system is more secure because of this. Hence why Windows is a hacker's dream.