Permanently turn a Radeon LE into a retail version!

tartarhus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Look what's on rage3d.com tweaker's message board.

"Remember somebody was asking for flashing Radeon LE's BIOS by Retail's BIOS. I have an LE with BIOS: ver 001.001.000.055 Part# 113-70604-100 date 11/27/00. I used flash utility for Rage128 based cards (file name is flash204.zip). I dump my friend's Retail Radeon BIOS ver 001.001.000.055 Part# 113-70601-104 date 09/07/00. I don't mind f**king my LE up if flashing was failed. Then, I used this to flash my LE. Guess what? It works. After I reinstalled drivers, the default clock are 166 and with hyper-Z on. Oh, my! For the reason of copy right, I can't give out the BIOS "rom" file of Retail Radeon and flash204 file. Try to find them by your own way. --jjy"

Totally outrageous. Turning an $80 le into a $140 retail card. Just thought you might like to know.

G

Nice one! I've heard you can turn on HyperZ with a registry hack as well, which might give a similar performance increase. I'd be careful that the OEM version does not use lower quality RAM, cos the overclocking could fry them.

~ The First Formally Rehabilitated AMD Lemming ~

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
I recently recieved this card, I used the Radeon tweaker utility for the HyperZ and just simply overclocked the video card.

If you take a truth and follow it blindly, it will become a Falsehood and you a Fanatic.

G

Sweet! Is the performance as good as a regular radeon?

Aklein

Life is hard...Live with it.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The tweaker works great, however OEM cards very a great deal in quality and you have no way of nowing what you might get. I have one OEM LE thats memory overclocks very well and the others memory won't o'c a bit. So, it is a bit of a crapshoot. The Core always overclocks well, and you can always enable hiperz with the tweaker, but it is the memory were you get your biggest performance increase, and there is no gurantees in this area.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!