Permission Error preventing deletion. no access to change anything. creating unknown processes.

Aug 30, 2018
have a folder in appdata/local that is creating windows processes in my task manager. i have no permissions to edit/delete/ or even read anything. i dont have any permissions to change permissions or view owner or permissions. Any advice to delete it or change permissions to delete as i dont know what this virus is doing.

Solution
I would removed the drive and place it in a USB adapter and virus scan from another system. Be sure 'Autorun' is turned off on this other system before you attach it. You should also be able to delete it from the other system but, IMO, if the scan comes up clean it bears further investigation.

You may also wish to restore a recent backup or disk image if you have one.
Reinstalling Windows would be a surefire way to remedy the situation as well.

popatim

Titan
I would removed the drive and place it in a USB adapter and virus scan from another system. Be sure 'Autorun' is turned off on this other system before you attach it. You should also be able to delete it from the other system but, IMO, if the scan comes up clean it bears further investigation.

You may also wish to restore a recent backup or disk image if you have one.
Reinstalling Windows would be a surefire way to remedy the situation as well.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS