CurlyBurl

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2012
Unfortunately not, I only realised after completing the test that it only produces a results file if you have the premium version. I suppose considering replacing the PSU would be wise even if I solve this issue and it's not PSU-related.

Well, I've had one error from Prime 95 within the first 5 minutes! I ran the Blend test with 12 threads. Here's the error it pulled up:

[Thu Sep 16 01:16:07 2021]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected running 480K FFT size, consult stress.txt file.

EDIT: And another one five minutes later:

[Thu Sep 16 01:21:55 2021]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 3994758.96, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected running 480K FFT size, consult stress.txt file.

CurlyBurl

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2012
Okay, great, that gives me a better idea of what might need to be done! Is this a long-term solution or a sign that perhaps my motherboard / PSU might need replacing? I'd hate to be in a position where I'll have to keep changing BIOS settings just to have a stable system, especially since I have no experience with overclocking or changing voltage, etc.

CurlyBurl

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2012
Sorry for the late follow-up! After tweaking the voltage values to no avail, I looked into my CPU warranty and it was only about 12 months into a 36 month warranty. So I filed an RMA request, received a brand new replacement and haven't had a single issue in nearly two weeks now! Looks like it was just a faulty CPU :) really appreciate all your help in figuring this out!

Reactions: gardenman

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS