For months I've dealt with persistent desktop issues, mostly sudden system restarts and BSODs. I'm not sure if I'm dealing with one problem or perhaps multiple. Please help me diagnose and fix what's going wrong.
- Persistent BSODs. I can basically force this by just playing spotify or working in a word document for a few minutes. Link to dump files at bottom.
- Sudden system restarts. Sometimes the system will simply blink off and turn back on. No crash reports are generated when this happens.
- Internet browser crashes. Sometimes a single tab will crash, sometimes the entire browser crashes. I use firefox.
- Mobo: MSI B450M Pro-VDH MAX
- cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3400g
- gpu: GTX 1060 6gb
- ssd: western digital blue SN550 500gb m.2 nvme
- memory: g.skill ripjaws v series 16gb (2 x 8gb)
- psu: EVGA BQ 500 W 80+ bronze
- external speakers: logitech z213
- I tried to read the minidumps for myself using WinDbg and bluescreenview. If this is a simple driver problem, I have not been able to tell from reading the debug reports.
- I ran memtest86 but it found no errors. I have not yet tried running the computer/running memtest86 on one stick of ram and then the other.
- I have tried to run chkdsk to fix any drive errors, but when I do this it just loops through symptom number 2. I restart the system to run chkdsk, it begins running, and usually in stage 2 the system will suddenly restart. Chkdsk will try to run again, and the system will again suddenly restart. This will continue to happen until I cancel the disk check at start up.