[SOLVED] Persistent USB Connectivity Issues (Logitech G25)

JoeSchmo12346

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2014
Gaming issues here: I'm having problems with my Logitech G25 wheel constantly disconnecting in the middle of a game. It all started on my old PC. When it first started it would disconnect and then reconnect intermittently. These disconnections became more frequent before it finally refused to even calibrate fully before falling limp and lifeless. After a number of attempts to diagnose the issue, I thought it was most probably the motherboard that was dying. My computer was getting quite dated anyway, so I decided to get a new motherboard, processor and graphics card. After a tremendous struggle to get my wheel to be recognised by Windows (I have a hunch that it was something to do with my new motherboard being equipped with nothing but USB 3.0 ports; after plugging it in via a powered USB hub it would finally appear as the correct device), it seemed to be working again finally. I managed to get a couple of hours of gameplay on Assetto Corsa when it started to exhibit some strange behaviours. The wheel will pull either left or right to the fullest extent, and on another occasion the force feedback switched off and the steering went light. After that it went back to the dreaded disconnects and refusal to even complete a full calibration cycle. I'm not sure where this leaves me, I would ordinarily say that I could safely rule out the new components that I bought, only my last motherboard was bought used from and ebay store- it was a cheap replacement to match my then outdated CPU socket. My "new" motherboard came from Amazon; when I opened the outer packaging I noticed the box was already open and the manual looked slightly dogged, like it had been used before. I'm not sure if I really trust Amazon anymore, their credibility plummeted for me when they became more of an online marketplace who allow third party sellers to peddle lots of questionable goods. Can anyone help me with my connectivity issues? Thanks.

JoeSchmo12346

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2014
Update: I resorted to using a shorter USB lead rather than using the lengthy 10m active USB cable that I had been using, just to rule it out as a potential cause. Things were looking promising but now my computer has resorted to rebooting every time I launch into a game of Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2 from the menu. Very peculiar, it's as if my PC is matching my every move by creating a new problem... :unsure: Feeling fairly confident that my motherboard is seriously faulty now, can anyone please shed any light on this for me? I just wanted to play Assetto Corsa in peace!! :(