Question Peugeot 207 1.6hdi

Nov 21, 2019
My 207 Peugeot hdi has a problem starts OK when ive been out get back in car and it turns over like battery dead bought new battery still the same can anyone help

Do you have to charge the battery? If it’s behaving like a dead battery with a new battery just after driving my first guess would be a problem with the alternator. When the engine is running if you measure the voltage at the battery terminals it should be 14-15 volts. If it’s lower than this it won’t be charging the battery properly.

Nov 21, 2019
Do you have to charge the battery? If it’s behaving like a dead battery with a new battery just after driving my first guess would be a problem with the alternator. When the engine is running if you measure the voltage at the battery terminals it should be 14-15 volts. If it’s lower than this it won’t be charging the battery properly.
Checked battery got 14 .5 volts while running plugged a code reader in and it came up with codes for egr valve fault but don't think that would make car turn over like battery dead as it runs so well when started