[SOLVED] PFN List Corrupt - win 10 on new hardware, Help please!

dbeck

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
I have windows 10 pro installed and I am trying to run it on a new build.

ASUS AMD AM4 ROG Strix X570-E motherboard
AMD Ryzen 3700X processor
G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

When I try and boot win 10 I keep getting a "PFN List Corrupt" error message. I have run CHKDSK and MEMTEST and everything is fine.

If I plug the drive into an old computer then windows 10 boots up just fine. So this definitely has to be something to do with the new hardware. I am however going from intel to AMD.

I pre-loaded the AMD drivers in the driverstore using driverstoreexplorer so that it could auto detect and install the drivers for the new motherboard.

I have secure boot turned off in the BIOS. OS is set to other though it didn't work set to windows either.

The memory in the bios is set to DOCP DDR4 16-19-19-39-1.3 5V which is supposed to be correct for this ram in this motherboard. Everything else on the ram is set to auto. I'm not an overclocker so I need a little help making sure I don't have a BIOS mis-configuration messing me up.

Windows doesn't like something to do with the new hardware. I have the SATA set to AHCI and not to raid (yet)

I'm at my wits end. Not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?

Solution
The best thing to do would be to install Windows "fresh" on the new hardware. A full, clean install and then updating Windows and the drivers.

Recycled installs can have all sorts of issues, especially when changing as you are.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The best thing to do would be to install Windows "fresh" on the new hardware. A full, clean install and then updating Windows and the drivers.

Recycled installs can have all sorts of issues, especially when changing as you are.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
I have windows 10 pro installed and I am trying to run it on a new build.

ASUS AMD AM4 ROG Strix X570-E motherboard
AMD Ryzen 3700X processor
G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

When I try and boot win 10 I keep getting a "PFN List Corrupt" error message. I have run CHKDSK and MEMTEST and everything is fine.

If I plug the drive into an old computer then windows 10 boots up just fine. So this definitely has to be something to do with the new hardware. I am however going from intel to AMD.

I pre-loaded the AMD drivers in the driverstore using driverstoreexplorer so that it could auto detect and install the drivers for the new motherboard.

I have secure boot turned off in the BIOS. OS is set to other though it didn't work set to windows either.

The memory in the bios is set to DOCP DDR4 16-19-19-39-1.3 5V which is supposed to be correct for this ram in this motherboard. Everything else on the ram is set to auto. I'm not an overclocker so I need a little help making sure I don't have a BIOS mis-configuration messing me up.

Windows doesn't like something to do with the new hardware. I have the SATA set to AHCI and not to raid (yet)

I'm at my wits end. Not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?
Yes, if this is a Windows install from a previous build, then that is your problem. You need to do a clean install.
How to do a clean Win10 Install