Question PH-GTX1650-O4G black screen on driver install

May 12, 2022
I got a second hand PC, and windows 10 was working. I formatted the PC and installed new Windows 10 (21H2). After 5 minutes loading to windows the screen turned black (it took time to download or enable gpu driver).

P.S: I'm using a 4k TV (LG) to test the PC because I haven't bought a monitor yet.

I enabled Remote Desktop and tried to find a solution:

- In safemode, I deleted the Nvidia driver and restarted and it works fine until the driver installed again from Windows updates or Nvidia experience the screen becomes black, but still can access the windows with Remote desktop.

- I tried Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU v18.0.5.0) and the "hotfix" driver (511.72-desktop-notebook-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch.hf), and the same problem.

- I disconnected all rgbs on the case to be sure it's not energy problem.

What can I do else?

Pictures of numbers related to Bios and GPU:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XTtMAfB9wrvk7BI-mYMWQM0WaekJlbf2?usp=sharing

Build:

Board: Gigabyte B450M S2H

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz Socket AM4 Box

GPU: ASUS Phoenix GeForce® GTX 1650 OC edition 4GB GDDR5

SSD: Western Digital Green WDS240G2G0B 240GB m.2

PSU: Corsair VS550 (550w)

Reactions: DracarysLord
Jun 3, 2022
I had the same graphic on my old system Ryzen 3 and before installing it the first thing I did was to upgrade my BIOS on a B450-F motherboard, don't know if you have done it, and I did not installed the 21H2 patch. Try uninstalling it and see if it works fine that way, if it does then is the windows patch causing the problem. I doubt that Nvidia drivers are the problem because it worked for me perfectly.