Question Phantek Evolv X Universal Fan Hub Question

kbkellas

Commendable
Jan 10, 2020
Guys/Ladies, I could really use your help/knowledge. Please Help!

My setup:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
Motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
Memory - Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB
SSD's - Corsair MP600 M.2 NVME 1TB - Boot Drive. Samsung 860 Evo 1TB - Secondary storage
PSU - Corsair HXi 750 w Platinum
Video Card - ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB Strix Gaming
CPU Cooler - Corsair H115i Pro
Case - Phanteks EVOLV X

The connections to the Universal Fan Hub in the Phanteks Evolv X have me utterly confused at this point. I have connected the CPU Cooler as it's manual directs (pump power cable to a SATA power plug, 3-pin pump tach cable to CPU Fan header, and the 2 fans to the 4-pin connectors on the pump). But I am confused about how to hook up the two top fans (Corsair ML140 PWM 4-pin), and the rear fan , which is one of the included 3-pin case fans. I have the two upper 4-pin fans connected to two of the Fan Hub 4-pin connectors, and the rear fan is connected to one of the black 3-pin connectors. I have nothing connected to the white 4-pin connector, which I believe I should. But which one should I connect to it in order to have those three fans PWM controlled? And finally, there is a connector on the fan hub, above the white 4-pin header, on the right edge of the fan hub. The cable from it has a black 4-pin connector at the other end on it. What is that cable for and what do I connect it to?

Thanks for any help!

Starcruiser

Honorable
If possible, I would ignore the fan hub and connect directly to the motherboard. Less hassle and guaranteed to work that way. Fan hubs are useful with more fans than the motherboard supports. You'll definitely want to connect your AIO cooler directly. The pump header in particular, since the pump should be running near or at full "speed" all the time.

More to your question, the white fan header is supposed to be for the fan that will be reporting the RPMs to the motherboard. Without a 4 pin fan there it'll just run the fans at full speed. Any one of the case fans will do.

That cable by the white header is probably the one you'll connect to a 4 pin header on the motherboard for the PWM signal.