Phanteks Drops ATX-Sized Enthoo Evolve, Pro M, Special Editions At Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryun

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
"Original Enthoo Evolv"? Pictured is the ITX version which came out after the mATX version.

The mATX version is really underrated but I love mine.

stoned_ritual

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
I built 3 systems in the Evolv, one for me and 2 for customers. All 3 of them were of shoddy build quality, the one I built my system in was the worst of the bunch, came with gouges in the aluminum panels, the top radiator mounting point is made of 2 separate sheets of paper thin steel that are laid over eachother and secured only by rivets on the corners. This created a horrible low end vibration sound, and and time the machine was touched it would rattle like a snake in the desert. the badges were not adhered to the PSU bay and were already drooping when I opened the boxes. The windows were cloudy, and some of the areas in the window had what looked like "glazing" or thicker areas of acrylic as if it were cured on an incline. I have no interest in purchasing another phanteks product, even though I enjoy their cpu coolers and fans, I got burned for a lot of money on their cases.

vagrantsoul

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
I built 3 systems in the Evolv, one for me and 2 for customers. All 3 of them were of shoddy build quality, the one I built my system in was the worst of the bunch, came with gouges in the aluminum panels, the top radiator mounting point is made of 2 separate sheets of paper thin steel that are laid over eachother and secured only by rivets on the corners. This created a horrible low end vibration sound, and and time the machine was touched it would rattle like a snake in the desert. the badges were not adhered to the PSU bay and were already drooping when I opened the boxes. The windows were cloudy, and some of the areas in the window had what looked like "glazing" or thicker areas of acrylic as if it were cured on an incline. I have no interest in purchasing another phanteks product, even though I enjoy their cpu coolers and fans, I got burned for a lot of money on their cases.

I've built in 7 of their cases over the past two years - 6 pros and 1 luxe. only thing i ever had negative about them was a small scratch in the acrylic panel of hte one pro... due to the packing materials in the box breaking... haven't used an evolv yet... deff something to look into before risking it for a build though.

Huge proponent of their fans and coolers as well though.

hoover91125

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
When will the Enthoo Pro M be available? EVOLV ATX is a great case but a little too expensive to me... Pro M meets all my needs to build a good water cooling rig, if it has a wider window...

Status
Not open for further replies.