Review Phanteks Eclipse P400A Review: Airflow and RGB Mastery

Dec 27, 2019
If I move the pre-installed front fans to the top and to the back, can I daisy chain those fans together and connect only one to the motherboard?

v71

Reputable
Aug 20, 2017
Just read it now in 2020 - I am a bit cautious to compare the CPU&GPU temps when using two different coolers, even in the same P400A case (the Noctua12A and a 240mm AIO). Sure, it's also a comparative between the three cases in the same conditions, not only a comparative between fan placement and coolers. Still, I had an impression that an Asetek 240 AIO and Noctua 12a though not too far away from each other in terms of general performance, might still be in favor of the AIO by 2-4 degrees C (that's we're talking about in a review like that). Hence the comparison btwn a 240 AIO and Noctua12a might not be so representative for the CPU in the first place.

Who knows what would've happened with CPU temps if it was possible to place the AIO on top and compare 240AIOfront vs 240AIOtop, different placement. And, as a side note, with front placement we also have the AIO blowing warmer air into GPU too.

Now, yeah, the case doesn't allow a top AIO placement and there is nothing you/us could do about it, except to test it as is, but on a more general matter of front vs top placement, that discussion has more nuances.

Anyway, I am prepping for a build fort someone and the P400A with stock performs fine compared to iCue that requires proprietary fan connectors/hub(!!!), and additional Corsair fans are expensive. That's worth noting, as well as the fact that some standard 3-4pin RGB fans can be found for a reasonable amount and the airflow can be augmented. Here is where the P400A wins vs Corsair - a similar airflow&temps and no need for proprietary fans and hubs.

Reactions: abdessamed10
May 30, 2020
Just read it now in 2020 - I am a bit cautious to compare the CPU&GPU temps when using two different coolers, even in the same P400A case (the Noctua12A and a 240mm AIO). Sure, it's also a comparative between the three cases in the same conditions, not only a comparative between fan placement and coolers. Still, I had an impression that an Asetek 240 AIO and Noctua 12a though not too far away from each other in terms of general performance, might still be in favor of the AIO by 2-4 degrees C (that's we're talking about in a review like that). Hence the comparison btwn a 240 AIO and Noctua12a might not be so representative for the CPU in the first place.

Who knows what would've happened with CPU temps if it was possible to place the AIO on top and compare 240AIOfront vs 240AIOtop, different placement. And, as a side note, with front placement we also have the AIO blowing warmer air into GPU too.

Now, yeah, the case doesn't allow a top AIO placement and there is nothing you/us could do about it, except to test it as is, but on a more general matter of front vs top placement, that discussion has more nuances.

Anyway, I am prepping for a build fort someone and the P400A with stock performs fine compared to iCue that requires proprietary fan connectors/hub(!!!), and additional Corsair fans are expensive. That's worth noting, as well as the fact that some standard 3-4pin RGB fans can be found for a reasonable amount and the airflow can be augmented. Here is where the P400A wins vs Corsair - a similar airflow&temps and no need for proprietary fans and hubs.
please sir i have question i'am looking to buy the phanteks p400a this week but i have a question i want to buy another fan to make it as exhaust but i don't know fans that are compatible with hub of phanteks p400a ? and if i buy another fan can i plug it directly to motherboard instead of the hub?