Citizen SLI

Honorable
Jan 12, 2015
Good morning! I have a question about the Phanteks Enthoo 719 Case and was hoping someone might have some insight or tips on how to use the included FAN HUB with it. I haven't build a PC since the AMD 8150 so it's time for an upgrade. Back then I wasn't interested in RGB because it wasn't as mainstream as it is now.

I was looking at getting the Phantek Enthoo 719 but I am not sure about the "Universal Fan Hub". ""Sync your 3-pin and 4-pin fans with your motherboard through one central hub and configure them with the performance and acoustics of your preference."" It has 3x 3-pins and 4x 4-pins and 1 white 4-pin that I believe goes to the board so that the rest of the connected fans will sync as 1 whole unit.

I am looking to get a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master paired with an i9-9900k and an Aorus 360 AiO.

I'd like to pair all that with RGB Fusion fans which I've decided on Enermax Squa:
""Synchronizable RGB lighting via addressable RGB header of motherboards
(3 pin assignment is 5V/D/G) ""

I have no idea on Voltage or anything like this. I'm trying my best to learn as I go but I cannot seem to wrap my head around this yet.

I am wondering if this is a plug and play kind of thing, where everything goes into the fan hub then that gets plugged into the board itself for all the fans acting as one or do I need something else? Will I overload the header (and which header do I use for this?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Solution
5v connector on the motherboard. You're talking about the couple headers for RGB Strips? They can be either 5v or 12v depending on which jumpers I change I think.
It's not exclusive to RGB strips, but any 5v RGB device.
The motherboard you're considering has a 5v GRB and a 12v RGB header. You plug their respective PWM controllers into them - don't go and plug a 5v into the 12v, as you'll roast the header, and possibly the fan too.

Is there any kind of third party installable hub that would give me the results I'm looking for? I haven't bought anything yet so it's all up in the air at the moment.
Corsair Commander Pro, or Phanteks' own controller: http://www.phanteks.com/PH-CTHUB_DRGB.html

From looking at the...

Citizen SLI

Honorable
Jan 12, 2015
Okay so just so I am understanding everything correctly. ((I'm sorry to keep asking questions!))

Wont' be able to control the color from the preinstalled hub.
Got that.

Default would be rainbow. Got that.

5v connector on the motherboard. You're talking about the couple headers for RGB Strips? They can be either 5v or 12v depending on which jumpers I change I think.

Is there any kind of third party installable hub that would give me the results I'm looking for? I haven't bought anything yet so it's all up in the air at the moment.

From looking at the Case Manual I am seeing:
  1. Connect the fan hub to the 4-pin input cable to your motherboard fan header.
  2. Connect extra fans to the corresponding blah blah on hub
  3. Connect the Sata cable to the power supply.

So if I am reading this correctly, the end port which is a white 3/4 pin will sync all connected fans on the hub for RPM and the default color would be rainbow.

Again, I am sorry for repeating things. I'm really trying to get everything to work together as best I can. lol

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's not exclusive to RGB strips, but any 5v RGB device.
The motherboard you're considering has a 5v GRB and a 12v RGB header. You plug their respective PWM controllers into them - don't go and plug a 5v into the 12v, as you'll roast the header, and possibly the fan too.

Corsair Commander Pro, or Phanteks' own controller: http://www.phanteks.com/PH-CTHUB_DRGB.html

From looking at the Case Manual I am seeing:
  1. Connect the fan hub to the 4-pin input cable to your motherboard fan header.
  2. Connect extra fans to the corresponding blah blah on hub
  3. Connect the Sata cable to the power supply.
So if I am reading this correctly, the end port which is a white 3/4 pin will sync all connected fans on the hub for RPM and the default color would be rainbow.
Yep. I have that case, but I don't tinker with RGB at all.

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's BIG.
Lots of spots for fans, but there's no real reason to do that - I played around with it already. Hardly impacts temps, but adds a lot more noise.
I want to use it to liquid cool my next gpu; I'm running everything on air for now.
I was deciding between it an the O11 XL, but the ROG Certified emblem, sticker - which doesn't appear to be a removable option, put me off. Plus, the 'Asus tax' makes it more expensive than it needs to be.

TRENDING THREADS