Phanteks Enthoo Luxe HDD Cage Fan Mounting?

Ro-Tang Clan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
Hi all,

I feel incredible stupid for asking this as it sounds like something really obvious and simple, although I can't quite work it out.

Reading the user manual I can see the HDD cages support mounting for two 120mm fans, but it doesn't tell you how to do it. Looking on the cages themselves I can see the four holes that do line up with 120mm fan holes when placing them together, but the size of the mounting holes are too small to thread through and hold the fan in place.

A quick google image search leads me to believe I need the supporting beam bracket to mount the fan onto: http://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/content/6/5/6574_15_phanteks_enthoo_luxe_full_tower_chassis_review.jpg

Is this correct? Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Ro-Tang Clan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

Smaller screws can go through the mounting holes on the HDD cages but are too small to hold the fan in place. Bigger screws fit the fan holes, but are too big to fit through the mounting holes on the cages. I would take photo's to show you, but unfortunately I'm at work and not at home.

I'm not going to use self tapping screws or drill through the holes if the case has the option to natively support this feature. I just need to know the method involved as it doesn't specify the 'how' part in the manual. Additionally, I'm pretty positive if the case required modification for this, Phanteks would specify this on their website and user manual (like NZXT does for Kraken mounting options).

Do you specifically know the intended method involved for mounting 120mm fans onto the HDD cages for this case?

Ro-Tang Clan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

Look, I'm not trying to be funny and I appreciate your suggestions and that you're just trying to help out, but a bodge job is not what i'm looking for.

I need someone who specifically knows how to mount 120mm fans onto the HDD cages of the Luxe, in a way the manufacturer intended for them to be mounted. What's the official procedure?

I've tried the obvious Google search and scoured Youtube but found no-one who has actually done it. If you find an example, please provide it as that would be really helpful.

If I don't get an answer on here then I'll raise a support ticket with Phanteks directly. If I don't receive a satisfactory answer from them, that's when I'll use the bodge job.

Ro-Tang Clan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

I found my answer in another forum by Googling another Enthoo model

...asked about the threaded holes on the side of the HDD cages themselves in the Primo that are there for mounting 120mm fans and the screws to mount them there are in the Phanteks accessory toolbox.

To be honest, I had forgotten the Phanteks cases come with a toolbox and I had a look for mine and I'm lucky I kept it 'as is' instead of mixing it with the other screws I have. I had a peak in there and lo and behold there are special screws included to mount 120mm fans to the HDD cages.

http://imgur.com/a/5PLiu

See, I didn't need to modify the case after all. I can tell by your previous responses you thought I was an arsehole, but If I had of followed your advice then I would of ruined the case. Next time it might pay off to answer the question that was asked rather than go off on a tangent suggesting other things. If you don't know the answer then it's okay to say you simply don't know. At least then someone with more knowledge on that subject area can answer the question that was asked and you can learn from it then.

What you did was basically this -
User: "Hi, I purchased a laptop from yourselves and the wifi isn't working"
Support: "well use the ethernet cable instead"
User: "Well I don't want a 50ft cable trailing through my house"
Support: "then purchase an ethernet over powerline adapter"

You'd be a bit miffed if that happened to you right? Regardless of whether there's an alternative solution, you want the product to be able to function how it was intended to function.. and if it doesn't, it should be fixed so that it should function again.

I don't mean to sound rude but that's twice now you've failed to answer a question of mine competently and I believe you deserve some constructive criticism so you don't repeatedly make the same mistakes. First read ALL of what the person is asking and then DIRECTLY answer the question that was asked, even if you don't know then say "I don't know".

Jan 16, 2019

I was looking for this exact same thing. Normally, I'd appreciate you having found the answer and I'd move on. But after reading the exchange above, I wanted to create an account to thank you personally for posting your answer (and not following the [strike]other guy's[/strike] toolbag's advice).

Thanks again Ro!