Question Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Misaligned - Any Fix?!

Ralston18

Titan
Get a bright flashlight and carefully examine all the edges on both case and panel.

Make some measurements to ensure that case and panel are square - 90 degree angles on all corners.

Look for something blocking the side panel from properly seating into place.

Debris, something bent, or twisted/twisting out of alignment.

BlazingAngels

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
Get a bright flashlight and carefully examine all the edges on both case and panel.

Make some measurements to ensure that case and panel are square - 90 degree angles on all corners.

Look for something blocking the side panel from properly seating into place.

Debris, something bent, or twisted/twisting out of alignment.
I just got a reply from Phanteks Support, they informed me that the case's tempered glass panel will never be a perfect 90 degree angle due to manufacture variance. I did look up several different builds online and they aren't perfect either which further proves Phanteks Support's claims. They did offer me new hinges which I am yet to receive.

Ralston18

Titan
I do not and would not find Phantek's answer as acceptable.

Being "out of square" is another thing be it side panel or case body.

If possible take a couple more photographs, closer up and reflection free to show the misalignments.

Show the hinges as well.

Especially gaps and cracks like I am seeing along the lower right edge of the posted photograph.

More views, comments, and opinions needed.

BlazingAngels

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
What I'm saying is the top of the vertical bar with the screws should be tucked under the corner of the top panel...no? I'm not positive. That's just what I can see from the pic.

I found these images online that has the same exact edge sticking out like mine. Phanteks support claims this is manufacture variance.
https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/userbuild/271387.468e7a1f52fffafe3440b8e6b25cac69.1600.jpg

Ralston18

Titan
Cosmetics are subjective; not technical nor objective.

In overall agreement with @Archaic59 with respect to the "tucked under".

This:

"images online that has the same exact edge sticking out like mine. "

Who provided those online images....?

One of my "rules" is to never let form get in the way of function. Overall meaning being that if my computer works I am not going to be truly concerned about how the case panels, joints, etc. fit together. Or not.

However, I would not, and do not, accept a manufacturer's claim that some imperfection is a "manufacturing variance" to just get around poor design and/or sloppy production.

Especially if the product (case) I received does not meet my requirements and expectations.

What I would do is to look for some other product next time I need a case.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS