Phanteks Enthoo Pro M - Top Radiator Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
The top of this case supports up to 360mm rad and of course 280mm radiator, which I have as an AiO Kraken X62. But I cannot actually utilize the top space where either the fans or the radiator would fit, because there is no way to fit the radiator in there with the tubes attached, and there is no way to screw the fans down from the top.

The top has a funny mounting bracket that slides out and slides back in once you have something in there, but it won't slide back in with tubes and a cooling block attached to the radiator. And if I put fans in the space and the radiator underneath I wouldn't be able to screw the fans down from the top.

Does this mean it will fit a radiator in that space in the top, just not with the hoses attached? So it excludes AiO's?

I have an identical mounting system in my Phanteks Evolv ATX, and I have NONE of the issues you're talking about.

Pretty strait forward:

1. Slide out the top radiator bracket.
2. Screw the radiator onto the bracket and fans onto the radiator/bracket (depending on if your doing push or pull or both).
3. Put the rail back into the case. (Might be a little harder to push in since the radiator hoses are providing some downward resistance if you already have it installed ontop the CPU.)

I guess I don't understand how the tubes do NOT fit, that should be impossible, pictures would help!.

Looks like I'm gonna have to remove the entire top of the case because it's one piece.

*Update: These are images of the bracket removed. That flange prevents it from going back in with anything attached. I would have to remove the entire top of the case by removing those four screws, two screws on the back, possibly some in the front and some on the other side. Maybe something I'm willing to do at some point, but I'm okay right now I guess. Seems like a whole lot of work and disassembly just to install a radiator or fans. That's 5 screws for the bracket, and 10+ screws for the top of the case. Is that normal?

mpfmPeT.jpg

gqsMTgP.jpg

Yep that's right. I'm those silver screws remove the bracket, then the black screws remove the top of the case.

In this video he actually has the radiator mounted underneath the bracket, which I did at first but didn't like it because it covered up my mobo error code LED display and covered my LED RAM if I looked at it from slightly above eye level.

So, what's that extra space up top for if you can't put anything there? It's just big enough for radiator or fans, but there's no way to install them. (unless I remove 10 or more screws and the entire top of the case)

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mSFcGZV6aE"][/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.