Question Help with RGB connections on Phanteks G500A / Asus Z790 Hero ?

kevopj

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2008
Hello,

I am currently in the process of building a PC and have questions about where the Phanteks G500A D-RGB cables should be connected to the Asus Z790 Hero Motherboard. The case has 3 RGB fans and I also added an additional RGB one for exhaust. I also have a Phanteks LED Strip 1 Meter and Neon Digital RGB Strip which I plan to connect to the motherboard together with all 4 fans as well as a CPU cooler which contains RGB. The G500A has a 3-pin RGB 5V connector male and female and am wondering if I can daisy chain all 3-pin RGB 5V's connectors together and connect it to the motherboard? If yes, which header on the motherboard should I use, the Aura header or the Addressable Gen2 Header (1, 2 or 3)? The CPU cooler also has a an adapter to convert the RGB header to a 3-pin RGB 5V male and female splitter (Phanteks Glacier One 240 T30 V2).

I am trying to get all the LED lighting to sync together through the case's LED button on top, any help is appreciated, thank you for any advice or tips!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
If you want to do this:
I am trying to get all the LED lighting to sync together through the case's LED button on top,

Then this doesn't work:
I plan to connect to the motherboard together with all 4 fans as well as a CPU cooler which contains RGB.

-----

Take your PC case manual, read page 03, section "D-RGB CABLES" to learn how to add more hardware to your LED setup, which then is controlled via the button on the PC case.

You need to use either:
  • proprietary Phanteks connectors (the rectangular one, with clips as seen from manual)
  • or male 3-pin connector cable to add more hardware
if you want to control LEDs via case button.

Connecting LED cables to MoBo = LED control via software (which may have sync issues).