[SOLVED] Phanteks Halos RGB fan frame to RGB Header

ManOfArc

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017
Is THIS the correct adapter to connect a Phantek Halos RGB fan frame to a conventional RGB header on a motherboard? Below is a picture of the Phanteks connector (the female end I presume) that I'm trying to match to a motherboard that has a conventional (12V/G/R/B) RGB header.

What my Phantek Halos RGB fan frame has:

Last edited:
Solution
Phanteks does offer a proprietary > regular 4pin RGB adapter
which makes their odd RGB cables compatible with your average RGB header.

if that's what it is, than yes it is correct.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Sorry, that does not appear to be what you need. What you show looks like it consists of male and female connectors of the SAME locking type. They are what Phanteks uses on their frames, and those do NOT fit the "standard" 4-pin RGB headers on most mobos. Their frames do have cables that allow you to daisy-chain several from one source, but you do need an adapter to go from the Phanteks locking connector to the mobo standard 4-pin header.

The ADAPTER that Phanteks sells is this

https://www.phanteks.com/PH-CB_RGB4P.html

NOTE that is has a 4-hole non-locking connector to fit the mobo header, and NOTE its flag marking the +12 VDC connection. That MUST be mated to the mobo header's +12 VDC pin when plugging in.

checking out their Amazon link,
the adapter appears to be the exact same thing you have linked.

from Phanteks:
PH-CB_RGB4P-1.jpg

from Amazon:
71QQyWv1PpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your reply pointed out correctly that Phanteks makes such an adapter, and said yes, IF that's what OP has, it will do the job. BUT the photo OP posted does NOT show the real Phatenks adapter - it appears to be a simple extension cord with Phanteks locking connectors. that is why I posted a link to the correct item you called attention to.