Phanteks Intros Two New Enthoo Pro Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannibal

Distinguished
Just wondering why there is not any USB C-type connector in the front panel with this new case...
I would imagine that 3 USB A and one USB C would be minimum at this moment...
I gave quite many USB C devices already and the number is crowing, so even one in front would be nice...

With the given dimensions, I fail to see how it could fit a 193mm tall tower cooler. in fact, I fail to see how it could have 80mm fans in the front let alone 120mm or larger case fans. How can a full height GPU fit? Not at the given dimensions of 235 x 535 x 55mm.

The 55mm is depth? Oh, well... how can it fit the MoBo or 318mm PSU? How can a 472mm GPU card fit?

Pedasc

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014

Yep, they are missing a digit on the depth. Should be 550 mm according to their website.

strat0caster

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017

I reckon it's because this one is probably not a "new" case... they're just adding TG to a good but rather old product. Actually, the lack of USB-C is what deterred me from buying a Pro M SE (TG) which was on a really good sale (85$ for a case and two HALO RGB fan frames included) a few weeks ago. I've already got a functional case, so aesthetics isn't enough to convince me to upgrade the case.

Really, it should be about time that case manufacturers start debuting NEW products. 2018 is coming.

BaRoMeTrIc

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
I just bought a Enthoo Luxe, wish i would have known about this one for my Home Server build. I have an Enthoo Pro M SE and i LOVE it, but i didnt hear any rumors about a full tower model coming. I guess i'll be returning the Luxe.

Zaporro

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014

Maybe manufacturers wait for better hardware support. Right now newest Z370 intel platforms still rely on 3rd party controller for USB C 3.1 communication, with Z390 chipset its supposed to be a built in feature.

Right now we have only one USB C 3.1 interface on most of new boards and its wired into IO panel, with native support for USB C on chipset we might start seeing multiple interfaces of that type and there will be enough of them to leave one on IO and one as a mobo header.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I really hope that there is unstated SSI-EEB motherboard support. The Enthoo Pro was pretty much the only affordable tower case that could fit these server boards. I have 3 of these (the existing model) in my basement running dual socket servers right now! Will be a shame to see that option go away for those who do not want to run loud rackmount chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS