Review Phanteks NV7 Review: A Fresh Approach to a Classic Design

mickrc3

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
I'm quite happy with my Thermaltake Core X9 and doubt I will ever replace it. Sure, it's the size of a dorm fridge but I can put anything in it and never worry about having enough space. It can hold enough fans to nearly take it airborne. Any size GPU will fit. Multiple radiators can be installed. If I had to list one negative, it is that Thermaltake discontinued this excellent case and now I can't get another one. My kids had to settle for Core X5 models and while still expansive, I miss the extra room when building their computers.

You know what I absolutely HATE about this case? The fact that it is designed with the absolute intention of it only being used with 120mm fans. These days any really decent mid or full tower case that is not able to accomodate 140mm fans in EVERY fan location, is just a waste of time so far as I'm concerned. Fractal has already shown that a case does not have to be huge in order to accommodate that requirement so I don't know why it isn't simply a standard feature except on purpose built cases intended for smaller form factor type builds.