Phanteks P400, P400S Are Elegant With 'RGB' Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-unit1111

Titan
Full tower Phanteks with RGB lighting and removable HD cages? For less than what I paid for my H440?

acb.jpg

Phanteks has made some very nice inexpensive cases. Nice to see all these great looking and well made cases for less than a $100. A few other manufacturers would probably charge $150 for this case- y'all know who I am talking about. :)

rtware923

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Has anyone interacted with Phantek's customer service? I'm curious about how good that department is because from everything I have heard their products are excellent and VERY reasonably priced. I have bought two cases from NZXT and other than the great styling of the cases I have been a repeat customer because of their customer service. One time I scratched the front panel of my NZXT H440 and they sent me a replacement free of charge. And they are currently sending me an upgraded fan controller for my old version of the H440. Also free of charge. It is very obvious that it is Phantek's vs NZXT and Phantek's has won on price and from what I have been able to tell quality is a draw. What about customer service???

rtware923

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Has anyone interacted with Phantek's customer service? I'm curious about how good that department is because from everything I have heard their products are excellent and VERY reasonably priced. I have bought two cases from NZXT and other than the great styling of the cases I have been a repeat customer because of their customer service. One time I scratched the front panel of my NZXT H440 and they sent me a replacement free of charge. And they are currently sending me an upgraded fan controller for my old version of the H440. Also free of charge. It is very obvious that it is Phantek's vs NZXT and Phantek's has won on price and from what I have been able to tell quality is a draw. What about customer service???

One thing I notice though is, the H440 comes equipped with 4 fans from the get-go. This one only has 2. But still, a darn nice case.

Extensively. Not, as one might first assume because I have had a lot of problems, but .... well see below:

1. I had planned on using a Corsair D series, but when I saw previews of the Enthoo Pro, it was all over for me. I delayed my build several months till it was released and when it was , there was little information available. Over on overclock.net, there was a host of potential users also waiting and a thread where information was shared as it developed. Once here I had a host of questions related to fit, potential mods, how the Fan PCB worked, potential availability of additional pump mount temples, availability of accessories (additional SSD mounts, morre fan PCBs etc. All requests were handled promptly, tho understandable, the tech support folks never could be sure when new products would be available.

2. My front case face was extremely difficult to remove and I was concerned about the spring loaded clips .... they sent pair of new ones, just in case I had an issue.

3. The aftermarket fans come with adhesive rubber vibration isolators on each corner. The stock fans in the case do not have these. This will become an issue if ...

a) you are mounting a radiator on a mix of the two... obviously, the ones with the pads are thicker (2mm extra on each face) and you want an even mount
b) When mounted horizontally, gravity will keep the fan in place unless the fan spins at high speed pushing air in the direction of gravity. If not secured tightly, the lift created by the fan blades can lift the loose fan and it will rattle against the case.

I called Phanteks and they sent me 80 rubber isolators, no charge.

4. We have done a lot of Phanteks builds. We usually keep 3 or 4 case models on our recommended list for users in each of the budget, mid priced and high end builds. Never before have we had the same manufacturer in all 3 categories. Till now. And users have been selecting the Phanteks overwhelmingly. My son had an issue with a fan on his build. It was mounted horizontally on top, next to his H240-X. The fans use a modified rifle bearing allows the blade assembly to ride along the shaft. Best i could determine from our phone discussion was that at the upper end of the rpm range, the blades pushing air down were lifting the blade assembly up at the higher rpms. As rpm went up and down so did the fan blades and there was a light tapping sound, which I presumed came from the blade assembly hitting the shaft stops. Of course this wouldn't happen if the fan was used as exhaust.

I called Phanteks to see if this might indeed be the case, next day the sent me 2 fans overnight mail. I called my son and he had already switched the fan for the rear one and mounted vertically, it didn't make any noise. I called and asked if they wanted them back and they said don't bother.

The overclock.net thread has many, many stories along a similar vein.

I wish new PC case designs came with usb 3.1 type-c front panel connectors. Also this case really screams for a big air filter in the front. Would be a nice case to setup as positive pressure with filtered air to prevent dust bunnies.

The front intake of the case has two dust filters ....

rtware923

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Will definitely look into Phantek's cases when I have money and a reason for another build! My replacement NZXT fan controller is coming in tomorrow. For right now I'm just a NZXT fanboy but maybe the next build......

NZXTs Fan controller, at least the one I am thinking of, is essentially a copy of Phanteks'. After THG wrote an article on it, an NZXT representative joined the thread and was answering questions. The both do much of the same thing as each other, but when asked if NZXT's provided particular features of the Phanteks, he did not respond however. To this date, I have not seen anything that addresses that question. Unfortunately, I don't remember specifically which specific feature(s) were questioned. :)

Phanteks was great to deal with. When I got my enthoo pro it had a few issues (it happens). A small flaw in the paint at the back of the side panel and a slight scratch in the window.

Took a couple of photos and showed one of their reps, no hassle at all. I was shipped a replacement side panel with window immediately and it came very well protected in multiple layers of bubble wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.