vainsy

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
Hey guys,

I am just about to build myself a brand new gaming pc and am having a bit of trouble coming to a final decision about my case.

As the title suggested I am tossing up between the Phanteks P400A D-RGB and the NZXT H510i.

I understand that cases and aesthetics are personal preference but I like how they both look so I was hoping for some other opinions or if anyone has any experience with either of them. So please let me know what you think I should do!

Also thought I would mention that no matter which one I choose I would max out the radiator capacity in both for my AIO. So I would be putting in a 280mm AIO if I choose the H510i or a 360mm if I choose the P400A.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help!

Solution
I have a NZXT 500H, not much different than the 510.

Considering the 10900k, don't get the NZXT.

Their design relies on natural convection and it does this extremely well but in limited situations. All reviews of the case state front fans make no difference in lowering cpu temperatures. Front fans actually interrupt the natural convection and the gpu temps will rise. Put in an AIO on the front and all that heat is going to make matters worse.

I have a 3800x with a 120mm rear exhaust AIO and a 2070S. I do not have any fans other than the AIO 120mm and 140mm top exhaust. The gpu nver goes above 54C and the cpu tops out at 74C.

It's a shame they don't manufacture the 500 series with two 140mm top exhaust fans for AIO's.

With the...

Lutfij

Titan
At the end of the day, it's your (hard earned)money and you'll be living with that system for the foreseeable future. I think you should make the decision on the aesthetics department. On the innards of the case(and it's layout) I'd ask you for your full system's specs since an atx case will need some parts to fully utilize the internal space of the case. There's also the matter about the sort of storage options you're looking for and the sort of upgrade path you want to take.

The fact that the Phanteks case is more of a vacuum cleaner when it comes to dust(but is the trade off with the airflow aspect of any case) makes me want something like an H510 and I can clean it without being an eyesore(although there would be more of a leverage if I saw the front panel clog up with dust on the Phanteks).

vainsy

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
At the end of the day, it's your (hard earned)money and you'll be living with that system for the foreseeable future. I think you should make the decision on the aesthetics department. On the innards of the case(and it's layout) I'd ask you for your full system's specs since an atx case will need some parts to fully utilize the internal space of the case. There's also the matter about the sort of storage options you're looking for and the sort of upgrade path you want to take.

The fact that the Phanteks case is more of a vacuum cleaner when it comes to dust(but is the trade off with the airflow aspect of any case) makes me want something like an H510 and I can clean it without being an eyesore(although there would be more of a leverage if I saw the front panel clog up with dust on the Phanteks).

So for internals I am leaning towards an ATX board with a 10900K, 3080 or equivalent and like I said the max AIO size for either case. For storage I am going m.2 boot with 2.5 inch SSD for games.
Thanks for your help so far!

I have a NZXT 500H, not much different than the 510.

Considering the 10900k, don't get the NZXT.

Their design relies on natural convection and it does this extremely well but in limited situations. All reviews of the case state front fans make no difference in lowering cpu temperatures. Front fans actually interrupt the natural convection and the gpu temps will rise. Put in an AIO on the front and all that heat is going to make matters worse.

I have a 3800x with a 120mm rear exhaust AIO and a 2070S. I do not have any fans other than the AIO 120mm and 140mm top exhaust. The gpu nver goes above 54C and the cpu tops out at 74C.

It's a shame they don't manufacture the 500 series with two 140mm top exhaust fans for AIO's.

With the right build the 500 series are great, but considering your components I would not suggest the 510i.

Solution

Ferimer

Distinguished
Go with the P400A, it has the mesh front panel to allow better airflow. You can then buy the dust cleaning slime stuff whatever its called and that will help with clean up of dust rather than using air and just blowing it around more. The front panel is crucial and far better in delivering you cooler components.