Phanteks P400S TG included RGB strip not compatible

DavGam

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
Hello, i bought P400S TG, the case is amazing but i can't get the RGB strip to work with my motherboard, because the cables on the strip are different.
MSI adapter: ^-G-R-B
Strip's ends: 12V(^)-B-G-R
It works with the case's included lights but not with my MTB (B350 Pro gaming carbon)
Thanks for help

Solution
There are some MSI motherboards that include our RGB adapter and LED strip.
In order to connect any Phanteks case to an RGB motherboard, you will need to use the RGB adapter. This will match the output pins of the motherboard to the pins of our case and LED strips.

DavGam

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
Why is the adapter for MSI included in the box and why is this one the case's website

DavGam

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
I am stupid it came with the motherboard, it makes sense now, but still, the rgb strip has one end usable for the MSI adapter and the case is marked as mystic light compatible, so i dunno.

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
Really those are usable with mystic light? I have this case on the way and use mystic light with bitfenix RGBs, do they have that same sharp edges 3 or 4 pin connector?
I was expecting them not to work... that would be cool though! I will probably be in the same boat with you in a couple days.

brian-phanteks

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
There are some MSI motherboards that include our RGB adapter and LED strip.
In order to connect any Phanteks case to an RGB motherboard, you will need to use the RGB adapter. This will match the output pins of the motherboard to the pins of our case and LED strips.

Solution

DavGam

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015

1. No, the adapter isnt included
2. it doesnt sell in my country = i am screwed

DavGam

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015

If ill hook up the RGB adapter from phanteks and cut off the SATA power to the leds (adapter to motherboard on one side of the strip - second side of the strip hooked up with the rest of the lights, logo strip and pwr button) will i be able to control all of them using MSI Mystic Light system ? Related to this thread here
Thanks

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
It appears the that included cables that come with my bitfenix LED strips are identical to the connectors that the phanteks RGB strips use...
what are the odds that they will work?
I am wondering what will happen when I use the Phanteks 4 pin RGB adapter to hook up mystic lights to my motherboard, with that sata cable connected to the power supply that the phanteks case uses...
I'm afraid i'm going to fry something lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BitFenix-Alchemy-2-0-Magnetic-RGB-LED-Strip-30cm/191975565003?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

that conversion cable in that pack... I have two of those. The end without the four pints looks identical to what the phanteks strips use.. it even has the grey wire on the end of the ribbon like the phanteks... any thoughts?

DavGam

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015

You just have to try, case lights with motherboard power only, if it will work, then fine, if not, connect the SATA power. Also, the bitfenix strip may have different pattern of the wires, look up on the original post, the phanteks adapter changes their pattern into the unified one for Aura, Mystic etc.

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
The bitfenix works with my mystic light... that is why I was thinking the wiring would be compatible... I just went ahead and bought Phanteks stuff anyway... the phanteks RGB strips are at least twice as bright as the bitfenix. The bitfenix just has better magnets.

DavGam

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
you will be able to connect the strip to the motherboard but not the phanteks system, which is different from the MSI one, thats why you need the adapter, if u want a lot of RGB goodnes buy their 2*40cm + adapter kit. I can tell you how the adapter works, i had to order it from UK because it doesnt sell here in czech republic.

AndrewBrowne

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Here is your solution
These wires are "crossover" wires for lack of a better term. MY solution as i just ran into this problem is rewire an old PWM connector in the correct config or just cut and UN-CROSS the 3 LED wires

Right now- out of the box the Puketeks wires are (non standard and wrong)
1= 12v (white striped one)
2= Blue
3= Green
4= Red

Now after you cut the 3 wires- because you left the 12v wire alone. Cross them over or actually correct them.

1= 12v
2= Green
3= Red
4= Blue

You should only have to do the First-connecting to M/Board string if you daisy chained them.
Its only 3 wires guys, is not that hard to figure out.

adrielddc

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
hi this is a noob question. i'm planning to buy P400 TG case. does the RGB strip need to be connected to a motherboard that has a RGB header or can i just connect it to a power supply for it to function?

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017

You can just connect it to the RGB controller in the case... which is sort of like connecting it to the power supply. It comes with a build in three mode controller! Its kinda cool. I really enjoyed my p400 case. You can only hook it up to your motherboard if you have the right kind of header, if you have the 4 long pin header, you need an adapter. Just try the controller.