Phanteks PH-TC90LS Mini-ITX Cooler Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
I think you posted the wrong benchmarks here as theytt don't show the phanteks one at all and instead show scythe.

LostAlone

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
The series of ITX cooler reviews has shown me that if I ever build another mini-ITX machine it'll be making use of a closed loop water cooler. Just about any case that can handle an ATX power supply can fit a 120mm radiator somewhere and even the worst closed loop should beat out any low-profile air sink. Plus the better airflow across the RAM and power circuits should help stability too.

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Even though the chart is the incorrect one for this article, I am confused as to why a Noctua NH-L9i was used on a processor with more than 65w tdp. No wonder the results for it look terrible.

g-unit1111

Titan

Depends on the case, if you were to go for something like a Fractal Design Node 605 or 304 those could handle one very easily. Something that's low profile on the other hand like a Silverstone ML04 would have a hard time fitting such a cooler. Right now I'm using one with a Pentium G3258 and it's running off the Intel stock cooler and doing fine.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Something tells me this might perform a little better if a radial shroud were present. I know the blades are angled to minimize tangential deflection, but I'd imagine some pressure/flow loss still exists without a full shroud in place.

Eggz

Distinguished

Duct tape FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.