Question Phanteks RGB Neon strip with cooler master controller

ADKAS13

Reputable
Nov 7, 2015
So I have the Cooler Master ML360 RGB, which came with a controller, and I also recently bought the Phanteks RGB Neon Combo Kit. The problem is that the strip does not change colour how I want it to. When I put it to rainbow mode, both strips are illuminated except for the furthest end on the second strip which I've heard is due to there not being enough power, but I can live with that. The problem is that if I choose a mode that is outside of the preset options provided by Cooler Master that it won't use the right lighting.

Is there any way to set up the Masterplus software in order to make this work, or is my only option to get the Phanteks RGB Controller?

Lutfij

Titan
Did you pair the controller to your motherboard? If so, what is the make and model of your motherboard? I'm also wondering how you've connected the LED kit to the controller. Did you make sure your polarity is right?

FYI, I've said this before and I'll say it again, always stick to one ecosystem to avoid having conflicting hardware.

ADKAS13

Reputable
Nov 7, 2015
I did not connect it to my motherboard. I have the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, which only has a 4 pin RGB header, which is why I connected the controller to the motherboard over USB 2.0, and connected the strip using a 3 pin ARGB connector. And I couldn't find anything from Cooler Master that was similar to the Phanteks Neon.

Also what do you mean with polarity? Is that referring to the orientation of the pins?

Jun 22, 2020
I did not connect it to my motherboard. I have the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, which only has a 4 pin RGB header, which is why I connected the controller to the motherboard over USB 2.0, and connected the strip using a 3 pin ARGB connector. And I couldn't find anything from Cooler Master that was similar to the Phanteks Neon.

Also what do you mean with polarity? Is that referring to the orientation of the pins?
Hi,
Just want to check if you were able to make this work. Thanks in advanced.