Phanteks Slaps Tempered-Glass Side Panels On New Enthoo Evolv ATX Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
Sorry but this is a really Fugly case it just screams plain jane from the front of it. ALso without any DVD bay or any kind of bays in the front make this a for sure no go for me & any one I know as well. I just can not get over what they call a nice looking case these days....yuck

Bartendalot

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Sorry but this is a really Fugly case it just screams plain jane from the front of it. ALso without any DVD bay or any kind of bays in the front make this a for sure no go for me & any one I know as well. I just can not get over what they call a nice looking case these days....yuck

You must not be used to having people disagree with your aesthetic tastes. Good thing you don't choose for the rest of us...

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
One of the Very best, imho, things Phanteks do with their cases is : simply hide the dust filters (particularly the front main intake one) behind a panel so your case does not look like some kinda modern art dust magnet !

Bartendalot

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010

I think Phanteks is among the best at offering cable management and a clean space to work in. It is great for watercooling...

Fates_Demise

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2015

No offense but having a front mounted dvd bay in itself is "Fugly". smooth lines without interruptions like a ugly dvd bay and simple elegance make for a nice case.

Your probably one of those people that want random colors all over and strobing lights in your case, which to each their own but that does not scream elegant.

Me personally I'm more of a function over looks which is why I have a caselabs case. They are simple, plain, and among the best cases you will ever get for a pc, built like a tank and fully customizable for whatever setup you want.

Lutfij

Titan
Good to see Phanteks jumping onboard teh tempered glass antics and this new venture isn't a bad idea either. Would be super awesome to see this done on the original Enthoo Evolv(matx) and the mitx versions) as well and as Demitry had said in an earlier video, the way the panel attaches tot eh chassis means that users who already own a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv chassis(i.e prior revisions, non tempered) will need to buy the new iteration.

I love my Phanteks Enthoo Pro! It's a very nice case.

I would LOVE to see Phanteks offer optional top and front panels for all of their cases. Us air-cooling guys need better air intake. Just imagine how many more Evolv cases they could sale with an option to buy a mesh front and/or top panel.

Absolutely! No way it should be that much. I meant to comment on that myself but was in a hurry during my last post. I'd maybe give them $120 for it, but no more. You see this Phanteks? :p

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Wait a second. You argue form over function by defending the removal of a DVD tray and then you later mention that you are a function over form guy??

No offense but having a front mounted dvd bay in itself is "Fugly". smooth lines without interruptions like a ugly dvd bay and simple elegance make for a nice case.

Your probably one of those people that want random colors all over and strobing lights in your case, which to each their own but that does not scream elegant.

Me personally I'm more of a function over looks which is why I have a caselabs case. They are simple, plain, and among the best cases you will ever get for a pc, built like a tank and fully customizable for whatever setup you want.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
To any one that thinks this case looks nice or in any way even worth 20 bucks needs to get glasses & most likely a brain upgrade. Then again they probably the iphones are styling as well. This is not a personal attack on anyone just using common sense & because my IQ is over 140 I know this case is utter crap. nuf said dont reply I don't care what yea all think of my comment..ba bye

Play under coconut trees much? :pt1cable:

owens

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2008
If you're still one of the few who still uses a DVD/BR drive, then there are plenty of other options out there. It is pretty much the only feature lacking with this case. Also might be good to see this case in real life before dismissing it completely. Sometimes CGI product images don't do justice, and there aren't may other cases around which have full tempered glass side windows.

ErikVinoya

Honorable
May 11, 2014
To any one that thinks this case looks nice or in any way even worth 20 bucks needs to get glasses & most likely a brain upgrade. Then again they probably the iphones are styling as well. This is not a personal attack on anyone just using common sense & because my IQ is over 140 I know this case is utter crap. nuf said dont reply I don't care what yea all think of my comment..ba bye

Not sure about yours exactly, but mine is at 140-145, and I don't find this case ugly.
Btw, get off that high horse and get that brain upgrade you are advising people to take

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
Ok I came off a little strong in my last post on this case for that I am sorry. I still think this case has no place in my house but I guess there are some that like it. My main point was is this case & now a lot of others are going for that simplistic look or as I like to put it plain jane look with nothing really happening at the front. I think if they gave an option for the buyer to be able to have another front face plate which seems like it is removable & be able to select a color like black so if a buyer wants to add a Blu-Ray drive they can. If I was to want this case it would need that option to be able to change the front plate & in black so it matches the Blu-Ray drive & most everything else in my theater room & if it has LED lighting it needs the option to turn them off because for me & my own needs I light my case to not be lit up like a Christmas tree because in a theater room darkness is your friend. I still do not like this case but if they were to give the option to those that want to have more options as in adding a Blu-Ray drive into their case at least the end user could then. I know it breaks the lines of the case at the front but it would be nice if they did not just pretty much forget about half the potential buyers out there.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
The front reminds me of a Dell XPS. Anyone else see it?

28-pounds, that seems heavy, is it heavy? Of course, I've always estimated my old Antec at maybe 40+ pounds fully loaded, it doesn't get moved much.

Memhorder

Distinguished
Yeah at 28 lbs it is a heavy one. It's most likely reach close to 40 lbs loaded. Not your case if you got back problems :) The Flat Black version or Galaxy grey would look nice and the customizable RGB led interiors to suit. Tempered Glass can't be scratched up.

Status
Not open for further replies.