[SOLVED] Phanteks Universal Fan Hub Connections

kbkellas

Commendable
Jan 10, 2020
Guy/Ladies, I could really use your help/knowledge. Please Help!

My setup:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
Motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
Memory - Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB
SSD's - Corsair MP600 M.2 NVME 1TB - Boot Drive. Samsung 860 Evo 1TB - Secondary storage
PSU - Corsair HXi 750 w Platinum
Video Card - ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB Strix Gaming
CPU Cooler - Corsair H115i Pro
Case - Phanteks EVOLV X

The connections to the Universal Fan Hub in the Phanteks Evolv X have me utterly confused at this point. I have connected the CPU Cooler as it's manual directs (pump power cable to a SATA power plug, 3-pin pump tach cable to CPU Fan header, and the 2 fans to the 4-pin connectors on the pump). But I am confused about how to hook up the two top fans (Corsair ML140 PWM 4-pin), and the rear fan , which is one of the included 3-pin case fans. I have the two upper 4-pin fans connected to two of the Fan Hub 4-pin connectors, and the rear fan is connected to one of the black 3-pin connectors. I have nothing connected to the white 4-pin connector, which I believe I should. But which one should I connect to it in order to have those three fans PWM controlled? And finally, there is a connector on the fan hub, above the white 4-pin header, on the right edge of the fan hub. The cable from it has a black 4-pin connector at the other end on it. What is that cable for and what do I connect it to?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Solution
All should be explained here,

htNVsKI.png

And finally, there is a connector on the fan hub, above and on the right edge of the fan hub. The cable from it has a black 4-pin connector on it. What is that cable for and where do I connect it to?
This might well be nr1 in the picture if i'm not mistaken and it is a fan connector you are talking about. Pick a 4pin header on the motehrboard. I would use the cpu opt as should be described in the manual for your motherboard.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
All should be explained here,

htNVsKI.png

And finally, there is a connector on the fan hub, above and on the right edge of the fan hub. The cable from it has a black 4-pin connector on it. What is that cable for and where do I connect it to?
This might well be nr1 in the picture if i'm not mistaken and it is a fan connector you are talking about. Pick a 4pin header on the motehrboard. I would use the cpu opt as should be described in the manual for your motherboard.

Solution