Phantom 240 vs Raidmax Viper GX?

Hans Fuhrmann

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
I'm going to be building a pc in about a month. Here are the specs:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/LuculentDuck/saved/xXpzK8
In that link I have the phantom 240 chosen but I recently saw the raidmax viper gx and really like the design. I really like the look of both of them and want to know if there are any actual benefits of choosing one or the other? Better cable management? Better cooling? I just don't know which one to choose so I want to know if there will be any actual benefits of one or the other. Thanks. And sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section. There was no "cases" section to choose so I thought "systems" was closest.

Solution
The Viper is a beautiful case. The cable management looks good, just from pictures and unboxing videos. I read a few reviews that said if you use an ATX motherboard and a liquid cooler, you may have trouble fitting it all in the case. I'm not sure if this will be an issue as you have chosen a micro atx board. I also read a few reviews stating that the case cabling was cheap and was too lengthy. In some cases I've had too short and others I've had far too much. Personally I'd rather have more than not enough. The lighting of the case looks amazing and the cooling looks adequate, nothing fabulous really stands out for the cooling.

The Phantom 240 has pleased a lot of people. The case has tons of reviews floating around the web. The main...

gizzard1987

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
The Viper is a beautiful case. The cable management looks good, just from pictures and unboxing videos. I read a few reviews that said if you use an ATX motherboard and a liquid cooler, you may have trouble fitting it all in the case. I'm not sure if this will be an issue as you have chosen a micro atx board. I also read a few reviews stating that the case cabling was cheap and was too lengthy. In some cases I've had too short and others I've had far too much. Personally I'd rather have more than not enough. The lighting of the case looks amazing and the cooling looks adequate, nothing fabulous really stands out for the cooling.

The Phantom 240 has pleased a lot of people. The case has tons of reviews floating around the web. The main issue I see with the Phantom is the white shell. If you want this case, I'd wait until the new colors hit the market in late September, early October. Everything I've read on this case gives great praise on all of it's features, cooling, cable management and of course visually pleasing.

Solution