Phantom disk Z: has appeared in my computer

capricorn

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004

Have set up a striped raid in XP Prof, mapped as a shared network drive on a
2000 prof system. Out of nowhere when I go into my computer i now have
another disk showing as Z: Same size exactly as C: drive. Not on the raid
controller. Will not let me delete it, nor format it, and it does not show up
in disk management console.
Anyone got any idea what this phantom is?

Do you have a virtual cd program? Z is usually a default for this type of
program.