[SOLVED] Phantom Gaming 4/ac won't detect RAM in DC

SilkyD

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
So my new build is up and running. RAM is Adata XPG D60 2 x 8GB (supported). The manual specified to put sticks in channels A2/B2 (2/4) which is where they are currently placed. BIOS has the most recent version (1.70)
However, the stick in channel 4 is not detected by the BIOS. I am also unable to OC past 2666mhz.
I have tried swapping to 1/3 but I have the same issue with channel 3. Both sticks are functioning properly as I have swapped their positions around.
I have also tried placing in channels 1/2 but I believe this makes them run in SC?, though they can be OC'd to 3600mhz. A userbenchmark test said that the RAM was slower in this configuration than 1 stick at 2666mhz. Any fixes to get them running properly in DC?

Thanks

Solution
Issue Resolved! Steps below for anyone who has the same issue:

1: Removed module from channel 4 leaving only channel 2. Run BIOS and reset to default settings (F9). Go to RAM and test OC to 3200mhz.
2: Save settings (F10) and boot windows. See if the RAM is OC'd as intended in Task Manager<Performance<Memory
3: Shut down the system and instal the second module into channel 4. Run BIOS and both modules should now appear running at 3200mhz. This can then be further overclocked should it be needed. Save settings again and boot windows checking once again on task manager to see if the RAM is functioning as intended

SilkyD

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
Issue Resolved! Steps below for anyone who has the same issue:

1: Removed module from channel 4 leaving only channel 2. Run BIOS and reset to default settings (F9). Go to RAM and test OC to 3200mhz.
2: Save settings (F10) and boot windows. See if the RAM is OC'd as intended in Task Manager<Performance<Memory
3: Shut down the system and instal the second module into channel 4. Run BIOS and both modules should now appear running at 3200mhz. This can then be further overclocked should it be needed. Save settings again and boot windows checking once again on task manager to see if the RAM is functioning as intended

Solution