Phenom II 720 temperature?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

Hi, I have the same problem after i unlock the 4th core, when i get into bios and try to tweak a little, after i save the setting normally it will restart the whole dos, right? but mine , it just black out and nothing happening, and i need to switch off my PC and turn it back on to boot in dos....is this normal?

another problem is, I can't see my temp in any of program on vista? speedfan show o'c, amd's drive also show zero degree... none of the core is showing the correct temperature.. how can i fix this?
now, i switch 4th core off and just OC the tricore to 3.6GHz... well idle on 43c. is it good enough? I am using xigmatec cooler~ cheers~!

c2chuc

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Exactly what I experienced... I too would like to know how to fix the temperature monitoring problem as well as bios booting problem...

Calklein

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
I have just installed this chip and the fan that came with it. Bios reads the temp at 51C is there an issue with the heatsink or should I just buy a new cooler or case fan??

c2chuc

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009

not normal.... my idle CPU temp is 33C, and core temp is 10C lower. Check your core temp, CPU temp, MB temp, then you will have an idea what's wrong