Phenom II x6 (125w)

Hello,
Have a Phenom II x6 (125W version) which I thought was supported by a M4A78LT-MLE board. Well, it runs ok but not properly recognised by updated BIOS, need to use F1 to progress boot. So, any recommendations for a mATX board which will support it 'out of the box' would be appreciated.

Uther39

Distinguished
Any way heres what id get and supports all the latest AMD AM3 and AM3+ CPUs.

Asus M5A88-M EVO, AMD 880G, S AM3+, DDR3, SATA III - 6Gb/s, RAID SATA, PCIe 2.0 (x16), Graphics On Board, Micro ATX

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A88M_EVO/#overview

1529601-a.jpg

1529601-b.jpg

1529601-c.jpg

1529601-d.jpg

This motherboard supports AMD® AM3+ multi-core processors with unique L3 cache and delivers better overclocking capabilities with less power consumption. It features dual-channel DDR3 memory support and accelerates data transfer rate up to 5200MT/s via HyperTransport™ 3.0 based system bus. This motherboard also supports AMD® CPUs in the new 32nm manufacturing process.

• AM3+ CPU Support Ready
• Dual Intelligent Processors - TPU & EPU
• Core Unlocker - Unlock the Potential, Turbocharge your Performance!
• GPU Boost Instant - iGPU Level Up!
• Turbo Unlocker - On demand real-time system
• True USB 3.0 & SATA 6Gb/s Support - fully unleash performance
• 100% All High-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors

Manufacturer: Asus Graphics Connectors:
Form Factor: Micro ATX Graphics Interface: PCIe 2.0 (x16)
CPU Socket: AM3+ SLI:
QPI Speed: N/A Hybrid SLI:
System Bus: 5200MT/s Hybrid Crossfire:
Chipset: AMD 880G Crossfire:
Memory Type: DDR3 Water Cooled:
Memory Channel: Dual Expansion Slots: 1 x PCI (32 bit)
2 x PCIe 2.0 x1
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16
Memory Type (ECC): Non-ECC SATA: SATA III - 6Gb/s
Memory Type (R/U): Unbuffered RAID: SATA
Memory Speed (Mhz): DDR3 - 1066
DDR3 - 1333
DDR3 - 2000(OC)
Back Panel: 1 x 10/100/1000 (LAN)
1 x 7.1 Audio I/O
1 x D-Sub
1 x DVI
1 x eSATA 6Gb/s
1 x HDMI
1 x PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse Combo
1 x SPDIF Out (Optical)
4 x USB 2.0
2 x USB 3.0
Memory Capacity: 16GB Internal I/O: 1 x 24pin (V)
1 x 4pin (V)
1 x Core Unlocker switch
3 x Fan Header (V)
1 x FP Audio Header
1 x MemOK! Button
4 x Memory Slots (DDR3)
1 x Parallel Header
5 x SATA III - 6Gb/s
1 x Serial (COM) Header
1 x SPDIF-Out Header
1 x System panel connector
4 x USB 2.0

Other concern was whether or not the M4A78LT-MLE could cope with the heat when machine was stretched. Strangely I inadvertently loaded a 32bit version of Win7 yesterday and PC Probe reported CPU Temp 77degC, but when I loaded 64 bit version today it had dropped to 32! I can disable the F1 key and hope i never get a fan failure, but thast's not exactly professional, and the machine is destined for someone who does high end graphics and video editing.

Uther39

Distinguished
Ok you can buy the mobo from scan UK link is above, could you give us the complete system specs so we can give you some advice, including case and fans fitted plus cpu cooler.

Haven't finalised the build yet, am waiting to try a SSD to load the OS on, but the case is an Asus TA-721, one system fan, and the CPU fan is the Cooler Master that came with the processor. (CPU temp 37de C @ fan speed 3500 rpm when running a PC Game) Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit 8 Gb DDR3 RAM. All this suggests the current board is coping well, all 6 cores appear in Task Manager/performance monitor, just feel uneasy about the F1 business. Like the look of the board you suggested, esp. USB3 etc.