Phenom x4 945 maximum temperature

OptimusPavlos1

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Hello everyone! I recently bought a Phenom x4 945(95w) ( yes I know, but I am poor XD) and have loved it. Unfortunately when I game it peaks at 60 degrees, so I have decided to buy some new thermal paste since I was using stock. Amd says that this cpu has a maximum temp of 71 degrees what I want to know is, is this cpu temp or core temp because my core temp only peaks to 43 or so.
Thank you in advance.

Solution

Lol... don't feel bad. I just realized I wrote X2 myself, when I meant X4. But 45C - 60C is perfect for a stressed CPU while gaming. I wouldn't touch it if that is all it gets to. I have a 2nd machine with a Phenom II X4 965* that runs about that same...

OptimusPavlos1

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Lol... don't feel bad. I just realized I wrote X2 myself, when I meant X4. But 45C - 60C is perfect for a stressed CPU while gaming. I wouldn't touch it if that is all it gets to. I have a 2nd machine with a Phenom II X4 965* that runs about that same temp with an aftermarket cooler.

* (actually, it is a Phenom II x2 B59 with the 2 disabled cores unlocked)

Solution

OptimusPavlos1

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

I have a feeling this paste is particularly shitty as it was in a paper packet like were you have your sugar XD. Also because of the packaging I don't thing I applied it right so getting some more may help

Also I have aAlpine 64 pro coller which is fairly decent (better than stock statistically)

TRENDING THREADS