philips brilliance and abit ti4400

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002
recently placed an order for a abit G4 Ti4400. The goods arrived next day and i made a b-line for the pc, ripped out
the old card slotted in the new one powered it up and get.... lots of little lines and a no signal from the monitor. I then swapped the machine to a old monitor
and it works. Spoke to Philips (as it is a Philips brilliance 201B) they confirmed no problem with screen. So concluded it is a problem between brands the ABIT card and the Philips monitor only problem is the screen is a 21" and cost a fortune so can not change, has anyone heard of this and any fix's you have heard of that may help me.

Any help would be much appreciated as have 2 mates not seen in ages coming
to stay and planned mashing each other on link-up and that looks bleek.

G

Try uninstalling the old cards drivers to the system default with the old card installed. Then install the new card and it should pick up the new hardware then ask for a CD unless you are using Win XP.

<A HREF="http://www.koalanet.com/australian-slang.html" target="_new">Aussie slang</A>

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Is it only at certiant resolutions or all the time with the monitor?

If it is, check the refresh rates and make sure they aren't causing the problem. Also, make sure everything is plugged in correctly and no pins are bent on the monitor.

English is phun.

dweilbacher

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2001
This clearly sounds like a Abit Ti4400 can't sync with the monitor.
I agree with some of the statements above.

With the Old Card installed:
First ensure that driver for the monitor is loaded.
If so, then check for an available resolution/color and refresh rate that
both video cards support and the monitor supports(most likely 800 x 600, 16
bit at 75Mhz). Change to that setting.

Then unintall the drivers for the old video card and remove it.
Then install the new card as instructed by the Abit installation guide.

Hopefully, this will ensure that the monitor is set to a valid setting for
the new card. And, by the way, I love my Abit Siluro Ti4400...

Abit KX7-333R, Abit Siluro Ti4400, XP1800+, 512MB Crucial DDR2100, WD 120 GB HD, Santa Cruz.

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002
sorry should have mentioned this is starting from the bios screen (no drivers loaded) and from switching the screen on so no old drivers can be affecting or screen set to wrong res or refresh, have bought bnc connector to try see if this works.