philips dvp642 won't play quicktime divx converted using D..

ruskin

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2004

The original avi files play fine on the philips dvp642 DVD player. But
if I convert them to quicktime .mov's they no longer play. Any easy
solution?

I also have some Quicktime 3ivx files (.mov) I want to play on the
dvp642. Any way to get them back to avi without using a PC or VPC?

What format does the Philips player ideally want?

On 13 Jun 2004 15:03:42 -0700, hawkibinkler@yahoo.com (Ruskin) wrote:

>The original avi files play fine on the philips dvp642 DVD player. But
>if I convert them to quicktime .mov's they no longer play. Any easy
>solution?
>
>I also have some Quicktime 3ivx files (.mov) I want to play on the
>dvp642. Any way to get them back to avi without using a PC or VPC?
>
>What format does the Philips player ideally want?

From what I've read on -

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=215682

The Philips player wants MP4 compliant compression on AVI's. I suspect QT's MP4
export will make a file that plays on the DVP642, though their quality isn't as
good as DivX's MP4.

On 13 Jun 2004 15:03:42 -0700, hawkibinkler@yahoo.com (Ruskin) wrote:

>The original avi files play fine on the philips dvp642 DVD player. But
>if I convert them to quicktime .mov's they no longer play. Any easy
>solution?

Don't know about that player, but looks like one that plays mpeg-4
..avi. No Dvd player handles .mov format.

>I also have some Quicktime 3ivx files (.mov) I want to play on the
>dvp642. Any way to get them back to avi without using a PC or VPC?

Back to Avi without a PC? How can you do anything without a PC? So,
with a PC I would use RadTools or EO Video, but without a PC I don't
know.