Review Philips Evnia 34M2C8600 Review: Stunning Image and Stellar Gaming Performance

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
I take it there is not a VESA mount to attach an arm.
I don't know why monitor companies do not use HDMI 2.1 for monitors with high refresh rates, it seems like it could have been advantageous, since the speakers are better than average quality.

May 23, 2023
I'm sorry but the brightness, especially HDR brightness, is just too low and far off other OLED monitors.
Maybe in the grand scheme its acceptable, but for $1200, I expect more/better.
Someone is buying these unfortunately, B&H Back ordered till, Jul 10, 2023
$1,299.99, the deal breaker for me is the lack of HDMI 2.1

I really like the look of this monitor but it will not do well in a room that has a decent amount of sunlight. Should be perfect for the neckbeards living in mom's basement rent-free.

This should cost at most $799, but I would still rather buy an LG OLED C2 42" personally.

Sopping_Wet

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
I prefer Quantum Dot IPS monitor with HDMI 2.1 @ 4k. Especially, with higher refresh rate and for what ever reason the Quantum Dot IPS monitors make HDR look the best by far

dave.rara66

Honorable
Dec 19, 2017
I prefer Quantum Dot IPS monitor with HDMI 2.1 @ 4k. Especially, with higher refresh rate and for what ever reason the Quantum Dot IPS monitors make HDR look the best by far
So you've compared the two side by side? Didn't think so... :LOL:

Quantum Dot or not, there is no way technically that an IPS monitor can even approach the infinite contrast of an OLED. Therefore, HDR on an OLED destroys HDR on IPS. Not a single review on this monitor (or any of the newcomers that use the same panel) have uttered a word about QD IPS being any competition.

Be happy with what you have, and please don't make false claims out of jealousy.

dave.rara66

Honorable
Dec 19, 2017
I see no reason to buy this over the Alienware AW3423DW. The AW is slightly better in almost every respect (though the differences are mostly negligible) for the same price.

The real advantage of the AW is the warranty process. They don't repair anything; if they cant solve the issue over the phone with a few silly suggestions, they will ship a new replacement panel (you keep the stand) overnight - no credit card required. Then you pop the old panel in the same box and slap on the pre-paid shipping label. No on else does this. Free shipping both ways and a zero dead-pixel policy is killer. I doubt Philips comes even close.

I do think there is a typo in this review. On page five, you are showing the Philips as only achieving ~419 nits in HDR, while the AW3423DWF isn't much better. Yet, the AW3423DW (the AW3423DWF's sister monitor sans Gsync Ultimate) is over 1000 nits?

Something's off...

Sep 12, 2023
There is no better image for gaming than the one on an OLED screen. Philips’ Evnia 34M2C8600 is a 34-inch curved ultra-wide with a WQHD QD-OLED panel, 175 Hz, Adaptive-Sync, wide gamut color, HDR and infinite contrast.

Philips Evnia 34M2C8600 Review: Stunning Image and Stellar Gaming Performance : Read more
Other convenience
  • Kensington lock
  • VESA mount (100x100mm)
  • VESA bracket

I don't know why monitor companies do not use HDMI 2.1 for monitors with high refresh rates, it seems like it could have been advantageous, since the speakers are better than average quality.