[SOLVED] Philips fidelio x2hr or hifiman he4xx or beyerdynamic dt 990 pro

johnupham8

Commendable
Jun 22, 2017
Hi

I want to buy some headphone for gaming and listening edm music, so which one is good between the three?
So i can feel the juice of edm music and hear the footstep from far away

Solution
Thanks for the reply
But the edm music that i listened every time is dubstep genre, so i dont think that kind of edm will deliver some heavy bass.
I just want to feel the neutral sound of the headphone you know

Hit up a RAVE and tell me any of these genres don't rely on bass. ;)

Dubstep- rhythm, bass with a dark sound and heavy use of spatial atmospherics, low‑end frequencies, and swing.

Dubstep is bass... far more than EDM and Trance.

He400, 990 or even the x2hr's those don't handle low bass lines, they all cut out at Midbass and make the lower frequencies sound more like a fart 😕 It's not that enjoyable at all unless you pull out the EQ and start tweaking out some frequencies. honestly, it's like your missing half the...

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Of the three the x2hr has the better bass but none of the above are really good for bass-heavy music. If you want something that has good bass and a decent blend of everything else then look for the Meze line.

Meze 99 Neo $198
Meze 99 NOIR $200

meze.jpg

johnupham8

Commendable
Jun 22, 2017
Of the three the x2hr has the better bass but none of the above are really good for bass-heavy music. If you want something that has good bass and a decent blend of everything else then look for the Meze line.

Meze 99 Neo $198
Meze 99 NOIR $200

meze.jpg
Thanks for the reply
But the edm music that i listened every time is dubstep genre, so i dont think that kind of edm will deliver some heavy bass.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Thanks for the reply

Dubstep- rhythm, bass with a dark sound and heavy use of spatial atmospherics, low‑end frequencies, and swing.

He400, 990 or even the x2hr's those don't handle low bass lines, they all cut out at Midbass and make the lower frequencies sound more like a fart 😕 It's not that enjoyable at all unless you pull out the EQ and start tweaking out some frequencies. honestly, it's like your missing half the music and it takes the groove right out of it. The 770 Pros, Crossfade LP2, ATH-M50x, LyxPro HAS-30 are all better at it but the Meze's are just flat out great with those Genre and everything else you toss at them.

Solution

johnupham80

Reputable
Sep 12, 2017

He400, 990 or even the x2hr's those don't handle low bass lines, they all cut out at Midbass and make the lower frequencies sound more like a fart 😕 It's not that enjoyable at all unless you pull out the EQ and start tweaking out some frequencies. honestly, it's like your missing half the music and it takes the groove right out of it. The 770 Pros, Crossfade LP2, ATH-M50x, LyxPro HAS-30 are all better at it but the Meze's are just flat out great with those Genre and everything else you toss at them.
yep I like flat sound bcuz they are not ruining other soundstage like mid high low, everythings feel so neutral
dubstep is kind of tight bass imo
yes I will try that one, but which one is better neo or noir?. btw they all look same :)

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
The Neo has nearly the same sound profile as the $300 Classics, the Noir is custom-tuned and both pads bring up the Bass. Yes, they all have the same design with everything being 100% replaceable but the Classics and Noir are made from Walnut while the Neo is plastic.